Special Chapter: Marking (Pt 2)

🐈🐈🐈

I'm gonna pretend I don't remember any of that.

This is the first time I ever got drunk, drunk, so I had expected something different. I expected things that movies and television taught me.

Like, for instance, that I wouldn't remember anything that happened once I was sober again. Oh, but do I remember. Every single thing, in fact. The messy sobbing out in public, Eun-ji's Jimin impression, that bartender's tight ass, the 'jellybean' that was actually an orange paper clip, and the next thirty seconds where I almost choked to death. If it hadn't been for Jimin's mate jumping in the backseat and performing the Heimlich remover, I'd be dead. Then when we got to my house and finding Namjoon already waiting for me.

For days all I'd wanted was him but in my drunken state all I cared about was how fucking cute my animals were. Something about my inebriation made them appear a thousand times more adorable than usual. I distinctly remember laying on my back in the middle of the living room and shouting, "come, all childSS, DROWN MEh IN YER LOVE!"

All of them kept running from me, I don't know why. All except for Fluffy Jr, who was more than happy to play wrestle with me on the floor while Namjoon tried to get us to stop.

I guess I should also mention that dad and dad and granny aren't here. They all charted off to the Bahamas for spring break, along with Granny's boyfriend (the guy she met at the wedding). They invited me to join but I declined, not interested in seeing my two gay dads in speedos on the beach drinking Mai Tais and my ancient grandma canoodling with her 'boy toy' as she likes to call him. The man is seventy two years old.

I remember that Namjoon was put to work for a while, chasing after me and trying to convince me that right then wasn't the best time to make tuna salad. I remember that after while he got frustrated and ended up carrying me upstairs to bed. I remember giggling in his arms like it was funniest thing ever. Then when we got my room, I remember that he tried to get me to change on my own and for some reason I was insulted by this.

"WHaaY?" I screamed dramatically. "You don't wanna shee meh neked?!?"

"Kitty," he sighed tiredly. "Just put on the pajamas-"

"YOU DON'TA LIKE MEH BOOOobs?!?" I accused, my eyes drifted shut at this point and I swayed from my sitting position on the bed, ready to pass out.

"No! Of course I like your breasts!"

I jerked my eyes open after this admittance and gasped. "You fugging perveerrrt!"

Then I remember the next few minutes where we argued over whether right then was the appropriate time to go jogging, and if jogging really was good for the body, or if all those experts, scientists, and common sense was wrong, and me, a drunk person, was right and jogging really was bad for you.

And I remember when Namjoon said, "You're right, let's go jogging! Let me change and I'll be right back."

He did come back, but in wolf form, and sat on me so I couldn't move. I didn't even care because I was too busy screaming over how cute Fluffy was. And like that, I fell asleep cuddling my big wolf.

Another thing I learned from tv and movies was that I would have a hangover. That bright lights would hurt and my head would be pounding.

Instead, I feel great! When I open my eyes it's to see Fluffy, in all his glorious, amber and black fur stretched out next to me, still fast asleep.

His nose just barely grazes the skin of my neck and the steady breathing against the sensitive skin there tickles. I take a moment to look him over, smiling slightly when one of his back legs twitches and he lets out a low whine.