Chapter 16: Full Moon Part 2

🐈🐈🐈

The door is hardly open before he comes barreling through and crushes me in a bear hug. An 'oof' escapes my mouth from the force of it and I blink a few times, my mind struggling to comprehend what's happening. Namjoon is soaking wet and breathing heavily against my neck. Did he run all the way here? All because I didn't answer a text?

If we're measuring sanity levels he's not looking so great here. And you'd think that crazy boyfriend would be at the top of the thinking list at this point. But no, none of that is what my brain concentrates most on.

I feel it again. That feeling that I've felt twice now. Once in the vet's office. Once more yesterday. Completeness. My heart feels full, my soul at peace. Every inch of my body singing in rest and relief because it's where it belongs.

It scares the shit out of me.

This isn't typical, right? To feel like this when you hug someone. It could be understandable if it was someone you were fully in love with. I'll readily admit I like Namjoon. But I'm not in love him, not yet anyway. Apart from that, I have been in love before and it was in no way comparable to this feeling. Not mentioning the sweet and attentive nature Namjoon has always shown towards me, none of it can explain this feeling.

It feels too good, and wholly overwhelming.

It isn't Namjoon that scares me, it's that feeling. I begin to squirm but he only pulls me closer into his already tight hold.

"One more minute, please?" His words are muffled and his breath tickles the skin of my neck. Sixty more seconds should be ok, shouldn't they? I hate that I'm all too eager to agree to his request.

His nose, cold and wet sticks to a spot under my ear and I have to struggle not to push him away, the tickling feeling bringing me to giggle and squirm again.

"Hm?" he breathes and I swear he's doing this on purpose.

"It tickles." My voice comes out whiny and I hate myself for it.

A second later the tickling disappears and is replaced by something hot and wet that swirls around the sensitive area before leaving it again. Tingles. So many tingles shoot across my skin, my fists and toes curl and my breath hitches. Namjoon pulls back just enough for me to see his eyes, sharp and intense, daring me to meet his gaze. His lips are angled so that his words still breathe into my neck which causes me to shiver, his voice dark and husky. "Did that tickle?"

Did he...? Wait. Wait.

WAIT.

WHERE DID MY BRAIN GO?

Rebooting Y/n.exe. This might take a minute. In actuality it takes around fifteen seconds before rage overtakes me. Who cares if it felt good, this fucker had no permission to kiss me. I'm ready to kiss him.

With my fists.

Somehow I manage to taper my rising wrath down, just long enough to hiss out a warning through clenched teeth.

"Mother fucker, you better let go of me, right now."

For a moment I don't think he's going to. Something in his stare is challenging but I meet it head on, trying to express without words just how much I'd enjoy removing his eyes with a fork right about now. Who knows how long this stare-down lasts. It could have been minutes but I don't care to count. Then all at once he seems to regain his mind and blinks, the previous expression replaced with a perplexed one. His arms drop and I take a step backwards.

"You aren't happy." he states.

My hands motion wildly into the air in front of me. "Obviously."