14 | Quidditch & Flamel

"We were born for this!"

Born For This, Paramore

"Excited for your first game?" Hermione asks, as Morgan emerges wearing her Quidditch robes which are coloured scarlet and yellow with number three.

"Maybe??" Morgan says nervously as she ties her hair into a French braid.

Today is the first Quidditch match of the season. Weeks and weeks of training have lead up to this exact moment.

:・゚*:・゚

At the Gryffindor table and Hermione and Ron dig into their breakfast, but Harry and Morgan both push their plates away. 

"I've suddenly lost my appetite due to my nerves."

"But..you have flown before, right?" Charles said trying to calm Morgan down.

"That was something else, in suit and you guys were around...and no brutal game...but this-"

"Take a bit of toast, go on," Ron says. 

"Come on you two, you're both going to need your energy today. Eat!" Hermione scolds. They just drink Orange Juice, technically cheating the system.

"We aren't hungry." Harry and Morgan say in unison. 

Then, Snape comes towards the four looking beaten and tired with his depressed look. 

But, who can tell the difference? Morgan thinks.

"Good luck today, Potters. Then again, now that you've proven yourselves against a troll. A little game of Quidditch should be easy work." He says broodingly. "Even if it is against Slytherin."

He then limps away from them.

"That explains the blood." Morgan murmurs.

"Blood?" Harry asks.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could get past that dog. But, he got bit, that's why he's limping." Morgan explains to others.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione questions taking a bite of her toast.

"The day I and Harry went to Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the Vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, and it was top-secret." Morgan explains further, trying to connect.

"You're saying-"

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry exclaims just then an owl hooting is heard.

They all look to see Hedwig flying towards them, with two, long parcels. She drops the straight to their hands and they lay them out on the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" 

"They never said they'll send...Harry and I mail," Morgan mutters.

"Let's open them," Ron says and they all begin tearing into the two packages. Finally, they remove the last of the brown paper wrapping, revealing two sleek brooms.

"Broomsticks," Harry whispers as he runs his hand down the broom closest.

"They're not just any broomsticks, they're Nimbus 2000's!" Ron exclaims.

"But who-?" Morgan tries to search the hall for Hedwig. She finds her with McGonagall, who is stroking her fondly. McGonagall smiles at Harry and Morgan and they nod gratefully.