Chapter twenty six: The Christmas Dance

Chapter twenty six: Percy

Tonight was the night.

The night of the Christmas dance.

Yes, I have been to a dance before. And apparently so has Harry. But thanks to the reassurance of Piper, this wasn't going to be the only dance we had.

Which meant I had to learn how to tie either a bow tie, or a normal tie. So far I have managed to mess up my hair and get my arm stuck in my tie. So I was pretty much gasping for air.

What was embarrassing about the situation was Peter Parker knew how to tie one and I didn't.

"How did you learn how to tie one again?" I asked, as he walked over and untangled me. He shrugged.

"My best friends Dad is like, super rich. I've been to a couple fancy dinners with him, so you kinda pick this stuff up."

"Who's your friends Dad?" Aang asked. He wasn't going in a tux like Pete and I were, but he did look pretty fancy, so I guess it didn't matter.

When did he have time to buy....whatever he was wearing? No idea. But I think he might have done it one weekend.....

Annabeth bought my tux by the way. Unfortunately, it wasn't blue.....

"Well? How do I look?" Harry walked out in what looked like a fancy bathrobe.

"Um...you gonna dance with your date in the bathroom?" Pete and Aang snickered while Harry rolled his eyes.

"These are dress robes! Wizards wear them!!"

"I guess that's why wizards keep themselves hidden. To hide their horrible fashion statements." I covered my mouth so Harry couldn't see my snickering.

"It better than running around in Spandex and tights!!"

"Ooooooooooooooo......" Aang and I chorused.

"Alright, you've got me there...." Pete paused.

"But at least we don't fight our enemies with twigs given to us by creepy old dudes." Pete ran from the room laughing while Harry chased after him. I chuckled.

"I should probably go pick up Annabeth."

"I'll go with you. I have to pick up Katara anyway." I grinned, heading for the door.

"You and Katara Huh? Well it is about time." Aang blushed, following me.

"It's not like that. We're just going as friends." I nodded, heading for the stairs. The boys rooms were on the first two floors, and the girls were on the top two. Annabeth was two above me.

"Uh huh. That's like saying Piper and Jason are just going as friends." Aang frowned.

"Didn't you hear? Piper is going with Alex Summers instead. Cole's going with a female mutant named Tabitha, and Jason is going with Susan Pevenise." I frowned.

"Isn't she like, seventeen? Jason's only sixteen." Aang shrugged and I headed up the stairs.

"That's just what I heard."

"From who?"

"Katara. Piper was complaining how she didn't want to choose between Cole and Jason." I paused, catching my breath.

"Yea....hey...um...Aang. Can't you use your airbending to boost us up?" Three boys ran past us and Aang rubbed his neck nervously.

"I dunno if I should....you know, because of the degree and all." I sighed.