𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑠

At six, instead of packing my things for our christmas vacation at my grandparents' home, I compiled all my written tests that were perfect and almost perfect - tossing my math exams with low score on the trash bin; back then, that was my dirty secret, just that. Taking miles and miles, after giving a hug and a kiss to grandpa and grandma, I would show them my tests - proudhearted. The cookies that grandma baked were the delights that could calm my eagerness to come out and play at twelve noon and grandpa's stories were the lozenges that would put me to sleep. When the sun would start to set and the tangerine tint would blaze upon the sky, grandma would bring me to her backyard and like how proudhearted I would be upon showing her my exams, she was the proudest showing me her vanda of roseate pink and orchids of aureate purple.

"Someday, years will pass and you will be like these flowers."

"I would become a flower? Oh no, grandma I do not want to - I want to remain a human."

"No my dear, you will become one of these flowers - beautiful, darling of the crowd and will be the best of all. But being a flower, you must not stay kind all the time, people will cut you off from your stem. Be aware, my love."

Grandma bewildered me; I didn't understand what she meant by that at the time, but now that I did become a flower, I totally got what she wanted me to get.

Little girls turn into a flower - people will see and admire you, but then like the tragic stories of beautiful flowers, you will be cut off from your stem. People will tell you they love you, they care for you, they need you, they want you, - and fuck that. Once you will feel the same for them, they will cut you off from your own growth. Instead of them cultivating you and letting you live and bloom into the most beautiful flower that you ough to become, they will cut you off, pulling off your petals one by one - leaving you nothing but your naked body and you will end up saying, "I hate flowers."