𝐷𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑈𝑠

They say time heals all wounds, but it has been ages - is heartbreak exempted?

I have forgotten when was the last time we shared a smile - the last time when I saw the glow in your eyes and the last time when you whispered an I love you to me. I have forgotten when, but here I am - writing to you again. I do not know if you will read this or you will just add this one to my proses and poems that you left unread, but you see, I am still hoping.

I am mailing the pain of us to the gods out there - hoping they can take the pain away. I should have gotten over you, but instead of forgetting and accepting our ending, I am writing about us in tissue sheets, carving about us on trees, telling about us on the back of my journals, hoping that a thousand or a million write ups about us, can make me forget about what happened. I am writing, waiting for the point where I can no longer write anymore, for I have none to tell - but when?

I have nothing in me anymore, but the memories of us - and no matter how hard I try put those to its own grave, the memories grow back like lilies in the swamp - painful and beautiful at the same time. No matter how hard I try to silence those and put it at the back of my mind, those ring back, playing like the favorite song we used to listen.

They say heartbreaks turn into poetry and that is what happening to us - but poetry should be dulcet and dreamy, why does ours sound like pain and agony?

They say time heals all wounds, but it has been ages - is heartbreak exempted? Darling, I guess not.