Belles Lettres

⸙ Belles lettres for fearless demoiselles.

I would love to give a toast to demoiselles who walk with so much power in them - power that no one in this whole wide world could diminish.

I. - 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 who flaunt gracefully through the crowd with their bragais heels with 7 inches in height - declining all the blisters on their feet, loving the sounds of their heels on the marble floor. Ladies who wear what they want: may it be shorts, skirts, casual jeans, dresses, bikinis or just a plain plaid shirt - declining the rants of society's hellish standard of beauty and loving who they truly are. Stretchmarks? Childhood scars? Uneven skin? These are what makes us us.

II. - 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 who prioritize studies more than boys. We often hear about those, "You're not ugly, then why?" Boy, I know I am beautiful, boys are lining up for me, it's just that, I do love my studies and I ain't have time for those. We are a true embodiment that girls have a death grip on power. It is just so cute seeing everytime we are rushing to cope up with our dooms and deadlines rather than opening an annoying text from a boy during our junior high years. It is just so cute everytime we cry over a 45/50 tests rather than boys faking promises. To that annoying boy - just because I love Edgar Allan Poe and William Shakespeare doesn't mean you can buy my attention by saying you love them too. I saw you sleeping at our english class in our 9th grade, boy.

III. - 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 who are carrying a bud in them after believing to a lad's fake promises, you are not what your neighbor says you are - you are great. It is just so amazing how well you can carry that sweet child for 9 months without someone's aid. I thought one cannot raise a child alone, but no, I am mistaken because here you are, amidst all the judgements, heartaches and the abandonment, you are still capable of doing so. Cheer up, someday your prince will come by and will be the knight 'n shining armour of you and your little sweetheart.

IIII. - 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 who are called bitches in middle school - you are Cleopatra. Who wouldn't hate a girl who knows how to speak truth to power? Who wouldn't be intimated by a smart girl who knows how to play a twisted chess game? Who wouldn't be jealous to you? You are smart, you gather awards and recognitions from east and west and you're ding dangy beautiful. So let them be, after all, you are on top of them already.

Cheers fearless demoiselles! 🥂