Chapter 38

Omkara and Gauri walked towards Shivaay's room and when they were about to enter the room, Gauri stopped Omkara by tugging at his sleeve making him stop and turn back to face her.

"What happened?" Omkara asked looking at Gauri, who was playing with her fingers nervously.

"Umm... Will Shivaay bhaiyya be angry on me for waking him up?" Gauri asked biting her lip.

"No." Omkara said stepping closer to Gauri, "In fact he will be very happy to meet you." He smiled.

"Really?" Gauri asked excited.

"Yes, don't be afraid, Okay." Omkara said cupping Gauri's face and kissing her forehead tenderly.

"Let's go and meet Shivaay bhaiyya." Gauri said rushing towards Shivaay room making Omkara smile shaking his head.

"Shivaay__" Omkara called walking inside Shivaay's room.

"Om." Shivaay smiled looking at his brother.

"I missed you." Both brothers said in unison as Omkara rushed towards Shivaay's bed to hug him.

"Don't ever leave me again like this, these three years were living hell for me." Omkara cried.

"I am sorry for making you all go through this, Om." Shivaay said gently patting Omkara's back.

"You better be and I am glad you are back." Omkara smiled getting back from the hug.

"Yeah, me too." Shivaay smiled.

"Hello, Shivaay Bhaiyya." Gauri greeted finally making her presence known.

Shivaay looked at Gauri in confusion.

"Shivaay, this is___"

"Gauri." Shivaay said cutting off Omkara.

"You look cute just the way I imagined you to be." Shivaay said smiling big.

"Thank you and I am glad you are awake." Gauri said sitting on the chair beside Shivaay's bed.

"How may I not, when you lured me to wake up telling about all those merry things you were enjoying, I thought I too should wake up and enjoy those things."

"You listened to my words." Gauri asked happily.

"Yes, I always used to look forward to listen to you and meet you." Shivaay said ruffling Gauri's hair while Omkara silently looked Shivaay and Gauri bond with each other.

"Shivaay bhaiyya, you get well soon, we will go to this amazing juice shop, I found last month, they were selling different juices but Omkara didn't allowed me to drink them."

"Sure, once I get well, I will take you to that juice shop and we both can drink all those juices." Shivaay said making Omkara smack his head mentally.

Gauri began to tell Shivaay about all the places she had visited in Paris and her experiences, While Shivaay listened to her in enthusiasm while Omkara sat in a corner looking at his brother and Gauri silently flipping through a magazine.

"And then I kicked him and beat him to black and blue." Gauri said making actions with her hands.

"Now, what action sequence did I missed?" Rudra asked walking inside Shivaay's room.

"Ru__" Gauri called jumping on her  feet.

"Wow! My Warrior is back to the normal mode." Rudra said wrapping his arms around Gauri giving a big bear hug.

"Take your hands off her, Rudra." Omkara said removing Rudra's hands and Pulling Gauri towards him.

Shivaay raised a brow in surprise.

"Shivaay bhaiyya, how are you?" Rudra asked looking at Shivaay.

"Just the same way, when you visited half an hour back." Shivaay said rolling his eyes.

"Wow, Shivaay bhaiyya is gradually getting into his normal boring self." Rudra said wiping his fake tears.

"Shut up, Ru." Shivaay and Omkara said in unison.

"Okay, okay." Rudra said raising up his hands in surrender.

"Where are Mom and Dad?" Shivaay asked Rudra.

"I sent them home, so that they can refresh and come back to stay with you tonight." Rudra answered and Shivaay nodded his head.

"I think you too should go home, Rudra." Omkara spoke, "It's 9 PM and you should go have your dinner and hit the bed. You have been here since morning."

"May be you are right, I will go rest and come back morning." Rudra said nodding at Omkara.

"Chalo, Gauri, let's go home." Rudra said looking at Gauri.

"Excuse me?" Omkara asked frowning at Rudra.

"You are excused." Rudra said, "Come, Gauri."

"Why will she come with you? I brought her here and I will be the one to take her back." Omkara said standing between Gauri and Rudra.

"Omkara, don't be silly." Rudra said rolling his eyes, "It's late and Gauri has college tomorrow, you stay and catch up with Shivaay till your Mom and Dad returns, I will take her home, safely." Rudra said stressing on the word 'safely'.

Omkara even though was quiet convinced with Rudra's reasoning, was still skeptical.

"Come on, O." Rudra said, "She had a exhaustive day today, Thanks to you. Now at least let her have enough food and sleep to regain her energy."

"Okay." Omkara said still skeptical, "Take her home safely, no funny business." He warned.

"Come on, O. We are friends since we were in diapers, have some trust in me."

"Not when female species are involved." Omkara said making Rudra roll his eyes.

"Come, Gauri let's go." Rudra said.

"Good night, Shivaay bhaiyya." Gauri said giving a quick hug to Shivaay.

"Bye, Omkara." She waved and followed Rudra, outside.

"You love her, don't you?" Shivaay asked Omkara, who was looking towards the direction in which Gauri left.

"Huh? No." Omkara stuttered.

"You still suck at lying, Om." Shivaay laughed.

"I don't love her, Shivaay." Omkara said covering his embarrassment, "In fact I don't love any one." He said his voice turning serious, "I don't want to fall in love and end up broken like you."

Shivaay sighed heavily before speaking, "Omkara, don't let my past affect your present happiness." Shivaay spoke looking at Omkara in eye, "Back then I was so stupid to think Tia was my true love and failed to notice her true intentions, even though I had a intuition that something was off about Tia, I had been ignorant. Tia had been like that from very beginning, she believed It's money and glitters that makes one happy and she ran behind them, I don't regret losing her, in fact I am happy that she showed her true colours even before I could propose her for the marriage."

Omkara looked at Shivaay silently.

"But Omkara, Gauri isn't someone like Tia, you and I both know that but you are denying to accept the fact. Don't let your insecurities and fears be bigger than your love, life is offering you a chance to accept and cherish the true love, don't let it slip, Omkara. Go claim it." Shivaay said giving a encouraging pat on Omkara's shoulder.

"What about you? Will you be able to move on and be your normal self?" Omkara questioned.

"I made a mistake once, Omkara, thinking Tia is my true love but she proved me wrong. But that doesn't mean I am gonna cry over the spilled milk, may be somewhere around the corner, I might find the one, who truly loves me not my money, name or fame, When the true love knocks on my door, I am gonna embrace it with open arms." Shivaay smiled.

Knock- knock

The knock on the door made Omkara and Shivaay turn towards the exit, where Anika was standing holding files in her hand.