Chapter 3

"Hey Om, what's up man?" Rudra asked entering into Omkara's office munching on an apple.

"When will learn the basic manners about entering into my cabin after knocking the door? " Omkara asked irritated.

"Never." Rudra said munching the Apple soundly irritating Omkara further more.

"It's my fault to expect it from you." Omkara mumbled and began to continue working.

"By the way, where is Ridhimma? I didn't see her in front of your cabin?" Rudra asked making himself comfortable on the sofa.

"Who knows? May be busy trying to ruin some guys life." Omkara said grudgingly.

"You are her boss, don't you know where your assistant is?" Rudra wondered.

"I don't have any interest about keeping track on my assistant besides I am tolerating Ridhimma just because my father appointed her as my assistant or else you know that I don't let the female species to be near me."

"Then how will you manage all the works alone without an assistant? " Rudra questioned.

"I appointed Arjun Shastri to take care of everything for me."

"Omkara, why don't you let a girl into your life not everyone's like Tia." Rudra said carefully.

"Rudra, I don't want to argue on a same topic again and again to waste my time. I don't want any female in my life and I am better this way." Omkara said with a finality in his tone.

"Okay, I am going to catch some drinks today evening wanna join me?" Rudra asked wriggling his brows.

"Don't you have a company to run? " Omkara questioned.

"Oh! I have elegant staff to take care of the company, now tell me yes or no? "

"Fine, I will be there at 7." Omkara said dismissing Rudra.

"What type of Roti is this?" Gauri asked holding the burnt roti in front of her face, pinching it between her index finger and thumb. " See, it's all burnt and looking like charcoal, what Veer bhaiyya you can't even make a roti properly bad, bad, very bad." She said wrinkling her nose.

"I told him, Ri that he was not a good chef like me but he won't listen." Dheer said coming out from the kitchen.

"Oh, please. You're Dal has more salt in it than Dal." Veer mocked.

"Look, who's saying the one who can't differentiate between Coriander and Mint." Dheer said sticking his tongue out.

"Enough of your arguments, I am hungry." Gauri whined.

"Sorry, I will go cook you something else." Veer said running into the kitchen.

"I will help him prepare the food, till then eat this popcorn." Dheer said giving a popcorn packet to Gauri, patting her hair and followed Veer into the kitchen.

Gauri began to eat popcorn while watching cartoons in the TV sitting relaxed keeping her legs on the coffee table and one arm behind her head.

"Koi hai ghar mein?" (Anyone's at home). A loud female voice came from the entrance.

"Depends on who you are and what you want?" Gauri said without taking of her eyes from the TV screen.

"What does that means?" The question came.

"If you are Meena Aunty, who promised to bring me laddoos, then you are welcome, people are at home. If you are Nosy Naina Mausi, who wants sugar along with some juicy gossips then no one's at home." Gauri said swinging her legs side to side.