16: Hallucinations

"Rachel! Dude, are you okay?"

I open my eyes, and I'm on my room floor. Immediately, I notice Tiana on top of me with a worried look on her face.

I let out a terrified, quiet gasp and back away from her. "Oh my god, get away from me, Tiana. If you take another step I'm calling the police."

"What is up with you?!" Tiana scoffs as she stands up. "You've been a real asshole lately. I should've left you on that club floor by your damn self. Be thankful you have a friend like me."

Astonished, I ask, "Wait, what do you mean, leave me on the club floor?"

"I went to get us shots. I left the cups there because I got pulled into a quick dance. Then I went back to get our cups, and when you took yours you fell to the ground. I had to carry your fat ass to a damn Uber and I brought you here. I'm assuming some asshole was trying to spike our drinks and only got one, and unfortunately, it was yours."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You're messing with my mind. You- you raped me. You had a gun and everything-" Tiana interrupts me.

"Oh god," she replies. What the hell, Rachel. Where would I get a damn gun on campus?" she laughs. 

"But you- you tied me up, and then," I grab my phone and dial 911. "You're a rapist!"

Tiana's eyes open wide and she grabs my phone. "Rachel! Calm down! You were drugged! You were knocked out for a while! It's just a damn illusion, a dream! Can you relax? If you call the police on campus we'll get expelled and arrested for leaving campus and underage drinking. What is going on with you?"

Tears stream down my cheeks. "So... so it was all just a dream?" I quiver.

"Yes baby, it was just a dream. I'm truly sorry I made you think of me that way. That day when we did that stupid thing to make Kiara jealous, it was the dumbest shit I could've thought of. But I'd never rape you, and I'd never do those horrible things to you. I love you, Rachel."

Slowly, Tiana walks toward me with her arms opened wide.  She hugs me softly and I let her.

During the hug, the memories come flowing back. The dream that felt too real. How she touched me that day. When she winks at me all the time. 

I squirm away and swiftly grab my phone on the floor. "You brought me to a stupid party and I risked my life because of you. The number one rule is to not leave your drink alone when you go to a party. The hell is wrong with you? We can't be friends anymore, I'm sorry."

I walk past her, avoiding making any contact, and open my door, signaling for her to get out. 

She nods her head with approval. "It was a fun year with you," she whispers while silently walking toward the door.

"Sorry it had to end like this," I bow my head while shutting the door behind me.