7: Five Weeks Later

"You're right," I sigh as I throw myself on Tiana's couch.

"About what, exactly? I'm right about many things," she says wisely.

"I like Kiara, okay? I was wrong."

She closes the door behind her, takes off her glasses and sits beside me."And what made you change your mind?"

"Dylan is an amazing guy, and it was really fun dating him. But after a couple of times, I didn't really feel anything sexually or romantically."

Tiana looks deep in thought. "Continue," she says.

"When I see Kiara, she always brings a smile to my face. This might sound really corny, but she gives me butterflies."

"Ah. So you're 100% sure you have these feelings only for females, though?"

"I mean, I haven't really felt anything toward males lately. I've been eyeing girls and stuff. It's like my life completely switched around."

"So bisexual isn't really an option, then," Tiana says.

"But this can't be possible. I can't like girls, this is ridiculous!"

"Face it. You do. Stop hiding from it like it's a disease or something."

I sigh and stare up at the ceiling, realizing that this is really reality.

"So, what are you going to do about this?"

"I have a home game tomorrow. Dylan's going to be there, so I'm gonna tell him the truth."

"And what about Kiara?" Tiana asks me.

"What about her?"

She gives me a look.

"Hell no! I'm not telling her how I feel! That can ruin our entire friendship!"

"Fine. But when she breaks up with Jayden, you never know, you might have a chance."

"She has a boyfriend. Is that not straight enough for you?"

"Well, so did you."

"Alright, enough of this. They are not breaking up soon. They've been together for a year. Actually, more than a year!"

"Things happen, Rachel. Never lose hope," she squeezes my hand and gets up from the couch.

"Want some Ramen?"

I look at my Apple Watch. "Can't. I have to go to bed. Big game tomorrow!"

"I'm not about that sports life. Too much commitment. That's why I eat. It's my hobby," she laughs and takes the steamy noodles out of her microwave.

"Text you later," I stand up from the couch.

She smiles and waves as I walk out.

I get to my room and shut the door behind me, throwing myself on the floor.

My phone buzzes. I slip it out of my pocket and open the text.

It's from Dylan.

Dylan: Hey, can I come over?

Me: Sorry. Busy. See you tmrw @ game?

Shit. I don't want to break his heart.