2: New Boy

We enter his room and open the door noiselessly, and Jayden closes it immediately behind him.

There are roughly about 10 people here.

They look at me regularly as if it was no big deal that there's just a random girl that they don't recognize.

"Rachel, you can sit or something," Kiara giggles. "I'll be over there. Just help yourself with anything to drink or eat."

Oh, right. My weird-ass is just standing ponderously, clutching on a beer I was handed when I walked in that I don't even want.

I sit down on the sofa and simply go on my phone, waiting to leave.

All of a sudden, this boy just walks up to me and sits down on the couch right by me.

"Hey, you," he says shyly and takes a swig of his drink.

"Hey," My cheeks redden. Is he hitting on me?

Oh, he's totally hitting on me.

"I'm assuming you're new here. Freshman?"

"Reclass junior," I say in a slightly annoyed tone. Do I seem fucking twelve to him or something?

"NO, I didn't mean it like that. I mean you're beautiful," he stammers. "But these days, everyone looks so old, you never even know anymore." he chuckles. "I'm a senior, by the way."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. And cool!" I gaze up at him and give him a small smile.

We sit stiffly side by side on the couch, both beet red until finally, Kiara saunters over and indicates that we have to leave. It's 10:45 already.

I get up from the couch, following by a, "Wait!"

"Yeah, what's up?" I say coolly, attempting to appear nonchalant.

"Can we maybe, swap phone numbers?" he grins while pulling out his cellphone.

"Yes, of course," I hand him my phone, and patiently wait while he puts in his number. I study him and his features while he does so. White skin, few freckles around his cheeks. Fluffy blonde hair with a new haircut. Muscular body, soothing hazel eyes, with a set of braces on his already straight teeth.

He seems so modest and reserved. But it looks like he could have a wild, crazy side to him.

Bottom line, he's charming.

He returns my phone and we wave good-bye as we escort the bedroom.

Kiara hugs everyone goodbye and kisses Jayden.

"I love you," she says and he kisses her one more time.