Have I told you lately?

🎵There's a love less defined
And its yours and its mine
Like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do🎵
Have I told you lately that I love you, Rod Stewart

The palace of Asgard was all busying around as they prepared for the ball that was to take place in the coming evening. Decorative flowers were hung along the ballroom walls in Greens and Blues. Loki was found in the throne room pacing continuously around. Frigga stood a few feet away smiling at her son. She was so proud of him, and for what was about to happen.

Thor, Jane, Helena and snow would be coming home soon. Loki wanted everything to be perfect. It was time to meet them at the bifrost and Frigga promised him to finish the decorations. Loki checked himself over in the mirror straightening his hair and his tunic top before making his way to meet them. He found himself walking with much more vigor than normal. He couldn't help but be excited to see his lovely daughter and his girl again.

The first thing he saw was Thor and Jane striding down the bifrost hand in hand smiling and laughing about something. "Ah brother! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me" Thor's voice booms. Loki barely acknowledges him with a nod before speed walking the rest of the way to where he knew his woman to be. There she stood. Her red hair fanning out around her face as she walked towards him. His beautiful daughter tucked into her arms.
In two steps he had her in his arms. It was that Moment he really felt home.

Helenas p.o.v

The second Loki wrapped his arms around her she felt safe again. Earth wasn't dangerous to her by any means but she felt alone without him with her. He quickly peppered kisses all over her cheek and neck before pausing and picking up snow from her arms. The sight ahead of her was heart melting. Loki was kissing all over their daughters face and hair, murmuring sweet nothings to her about how much he missed her and how beautiful his little princess was.

"She missed you." Helena says softly. Loki's eyes twinkle and he smirks at her.

"And what of you?" He asks with a quirk of his brow.

"I missed you more than you know." She says sweetly. Loki's grin makes her knees go weak.

"Well I don't know about that, but I do know this much I've arranged for a ball this evening." He says reaching out and wrapping his hand around her own. "I wanted to welcome my beautiful girls home properly." He says leading her back towards the castle. Snow is babbling sweetly in his arm reaching her hands up and tugging on Loki's hair.

"You didn't have to do that." Helena says sweetly. "I don't need all that." Loki pauses and looks her deeply in the eyes, an expression she didn't quite recognize.

"You deserve to be treated like a princess darling. Please let me do this for you." He says seriously. Helena nods her head and strokes her daughters hair.  "Plus, my mother's already picked out a dress for you and for Snow, it would hurt her feelings not to go along at this point." He says cheekily. She nods her head causing a big smile to erupt on Loki's face.

A few hours later she found herself in Friggas rooms. Snow was back with her wet nurse in the nursery and Loki was off getting ready elsewhere. Frigga smiled sweetly at Her as she  pinned the hair up ontop of her head. Pulling a few strands out in the front and curling them. Her dress was hung up behind them. It was stunning to say the least. It was green, like most of the dresses she wore while in Asgard. It was floor length and had crystal embedded on the bodice. Frigga quickly helped her get dressed and tied the bodice up for her. It was mostly silent except a few smiles here and there.

"Thank you Allmother. The dress is beautiful." She says after Frigga finishes getting her ready. Frigga smiles brightly back at her.

"You look beautiful sweetheart. I'm so happy your back with us." She says straightening her own dress. "Loki didn't stop pacing the entire time you were gone." She says with a smile.

"I missed him like mad if I'm being honest." Helena says slipping on her heels. "So did Snow, she didn't sleep near as well without him around." Frigga smiles again and chuckles softly.

"He's a wonderful father." She says. The smile on her face clearly showing her admiration for her son. "He's become such a good man Helena. I think you so much for standing by his side." She says.

That evening she was escorted into the ballroom by Loki. He was so handsome in his Asgardian armor. His hair was pushed back and he had his signature horns atop his head. "You look beautiful." He whispers in his ear as Thor announces them to the crowd. She blushes and nods her thanks as he whisks her into the room. Odin and Frigga were sat at the main table next to Thor and Jane. Snow was perched on Friggas lap in a beautiful little green dress, her black hair hanging around her face with a super small tiara on her head. Helena smiled fondly at her daughter.

Loki escorted her to their seats and kisses Snow on his way past her. The room was packed full of guests who were all smiling and dancing and happy to have their king and queen back. Thor stood up and went to a dress the room and Helena sat quietly next to Loki. "Welcome Agardians, I wanted to thank you all for your continuous support and love for our world." Thor begins. He smiles at all his friends who are standing nearby with glasses. "I am so thankful to have such wonderful citizens in my court." He says. "I want to thank my beautiful queen for remaining by my side and I wanted to thank my brother, prince Loki for taking care of things while I was gone." Thor says sending Loki a wink before sitting down. Loki stands up and stares straight ahead a nervous expression on his face.

"I know I haven't always been the best prince.." he begins slowly. The room falls silent. "But I am thankful for my chance at redemption. Both from my Father," Loki turns to Odin who sends him a smile. "From my mother." Frigga smiles back brightly. "My brother." He says motioning towards Thor. "And from all of Asgard." He says addressing the crowd. Applause erupts around the room. Loki smiles and lets out a shaky sigh. "I am striving everyday to become a better person and I owe a great deal of that to my daughter, the princess." He says with a small laugh and the room all looks at Snow who was babbling and reaching towards Friggas necklace. "And I couldn't have done this without you." Loki says turning to face Helena. A blush erupts in her pale skin and she smiles at him. "Which is why I have asked you all here today." He says addressing the crowd again. Helena gives him a confused expression as he takes a step back from the table. He slowly lowers down on his knees and grabs her hand in his. Her heart starts to race and she is looking around at all the people staring intently at the two of them. "My lovely Helena, I cannot imagine my world without you in it. Not only are you the only person who can handle my nonsense, and the real me," he sends her a wink.  "but you actually seem to enjoy it." He says causing her to giggle. "I love you more than I ever found possible, and now here in front of all of Asgard, I ask you to be my wife." He says pulling out a beautiful ring. It was silver with a green stone in the middle. "Can I keep you?"he whispers softly. She looks him in the eyes to see if this is a joke or if he's being dead serious. The twinkle of love in his eyes tell her what she was looking for and she smiles brightly before nodding her head yes. Loki laughs with a big smile and quickly places the ring on her finger.

The room erupts in applause and Thor, Jane, Odin and Frigga all stand and clap along with e be home else. Loki quickly stands and wraps his arms around her waist picking her up and kissing her with a passion unlike any other.