chapter2: Remember to Feel

Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it
I'll keep singing this lie

-sophomore slump or comeback of the year, fall out boy

Loki went through an array of emotions in that instant. Confusion, irritation, and strangely jealousy. Why would it bother him so much that this mortal he just met had no idea who he was, but of coarse she knew all about the golden brother. Of coarse everyone knew of Thor.

"Aye! Loki is my bother and who are you Milady?" A husky voice drawled as the golden haired god put his hands down on Loki's shoulders. Helena blushed at the mans accent.

"I'm.."

"She seems to be Ms. Potts younger sister brother, don't you have somewhere you need to be? With the midgardian Jane perhaps?" Loki rolled his eyes dramatically shrugging his shoulders to get Thor's hands off of him. Thor withdrew his hands and smiled at the beautiful Mortal woman in-front of his younger brother.

"Nice to meet you Milady. How are you enjoying the party? Has my brother been kind to you?" Thor's blue eyes shined brightly along with his dazzling white smile.

"Oh, it's great, although I just got here, and yes he seems to be a perfect gentleman" She took a sip of her wine and smiled at the brothers. "So Midgard? What's that?" She asked again turning back to Loki.

"Ha Midgard is Agardian for Earth Milady. Loki hasn't been here very long and doesn't quite understand all of your earthly phrases as of yet." Loki rolled his eyes at Thor again and visibly sulked. "Would you like a tour?" Thor asked sweetly.

"Oh I doubt she would, it's rather straight forward in here ." Loki laughed to himself. The girl was clearly very polite, and he honestly wanted to keep this mortal to himself a bit longer. His eyes raked over her small frame. Both Loki and Thor were quite a bit taller than her. But she was short even by mortal standards, she stood at 5"2. While the brothers both stood around 7foot.

"How did you end up on Earth?" Her innocent voice brought Loki back. Thor's laugh bellowed throughout the room. Turning a few heads in there direction. Loki even seemed to laugh at this.

"Ha that is a story for another time" Thor continued to laugh and Loki nodded his head in agreement. Across the room a woman smiled and waved at Thor. "Ah you'll have to excuse me Milady I see a few other friends I need to mingle with" Helena curtsies politely as Thor walks away.

*Toast!* shouts are echoed across the room. Loki and and Helena both slowly walk to the edge of the crowd as Captain America grabs a microphone. Loki rolls his eyes and leans in to whisper to Helena.

"I find the captain insufferable." He whispers almost kissing her ear. Helena's whole body gets goosebumps at the closeness of his lips. For the first time that evening she takes a good look at his outfit. He wore a pitch black suit, black dress shirt, emerald green tie, and black dress shoes. He had expensive, stylish taste and seemed to match her dress beautifully. She found herself blushing at the idea that they dressed as if they were meant to be at this party together.

He sensed her goosebumps and the shiver that went down her spine. Loki smirked delighted to have this effect on her. Both of them completely unaware of whatever Captain America was saying in the background.

Claps followed whatever was said and then there was Tony and Pepper. "Thank you all for coming tonight and helping me celebrate this beauty of mine." Tonys voice spoke throughout the room. Pepper smiled up at Tony and blushed at the crowd who was clapping and cheering. Helena looked back at the couple and locked eyes with Tony. An awkward smile passing between them briefly.

Things had been a bit awkward between Helena and Tony. A few years back On Helena's 21st birthday they slept together and have never talked about it. They were both adults it shouldn't have been that big of a deal, except it had been. It was Helena's first time and she wasn't even sure he knew. It didn't help that shortly after that night Tony and Pepper had started dating. Helena often wondered if Tony even remembered sleeping with her or not.

"You still with me?" Loki's voice drew Helena back out of her thoughts. She had been staring up at the couple far longer than she should have. Lost I her thoughts. Smiling up at loki and nodded her head. His attention went from her face up to the couple and back.

"yes sorry, Uhm I actually think I'm going to call it an early night. I don't feel so well." She feigned stomach pain as she looked around the room for the elevator. She spotted it and did a slight curtsy to Loki before walking that way. Loki looked at her confused but nodded as she walked away. She sent a quick text to Pepper letting her know she wasn't feeling well and that she'd be downstairs in Peppers room for the evening.