Engagment Party

🎵How long will I be waiting
To be with you again
Gonna tell you that I love you
In the best way that I can
I can't take a day without you here
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear🎵
When you look me in they eyes, the Jonas brothers

It was 6pm in the evening. Not that time was easily told in the realm of Asgard. Jane sat cross legged in a big mahogany chair as one of Thor's personal handmaiden braided her chestnut brown hair back into a braid. Helena smiled at her newly formed friend as one of Friggas handmaidens curled her own hair.
"Your red hair is so beautiful,"
The maiden said as she ran her fingers through her red locks. "It's like fire." Helena smiles and nods her thanks. A second handmaiden enters the room with glasses of Asgardian liquor pouring them each as glass and handing them off.

Jane absentmindedly taps her Red painted fingernails on the arm of the chair before reaching forward grabbing the long stemmed crystal goblet. "Thank you!" She hums in delight. Helena also nodded her thanks before sitting the glass down without taking a sip. Jane lifts an eyebrow at her questionably.
"Have you tried it yet?" She asks with a giggle.

"Yes actually, the night after I met Loki. I was supposed to have dinner with my sister and Iron man, but ended up skipping and having drinks with Loki instead." Helena laughs at the memory. She looks down at her own nails that were an emerald green. One of the things she didn't think she would ever get used to was the amount of pampering here. It felt like every time she sat down there were people trying to do her hair and makeup.

"So do you just not like it?" Jane presses further. She had her suspicions but wouldn't say anything out of term. "Because I think it's better than the stuff back home." Jane laughs taking another drink. The girls shared a look and Helena blushed a Scarlett.

"I'm just nervous for tonight. The last time I was at a ball I was almost murdered." She laughs awkwardly. Jane frowns and nods her head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think about that. Are you doing okay?" The maiden finishes Janes hair and walks away. "Thank you Ingrid!" She says to the retreating maid. Ingrid turns quickly and bows lightly before continuing to walk away.

"I'm doing okay, I think. I'm more stressed about the idea of Loki disappearing at any moment to fight the frost giants if I'm being honest." Helena says as her own maiden finishes her hair. "Do you need help with your dress?" She asks Jane as she stands up. The dresses here are so elegant. Like what celebrities would wear. Jane nods her head biting her lip.

"Thank you." Jane climbs up and quickly steps into the big dress trying to hold the top against her chest so Helena can tie up the bodice. Helena quickly laces it up and straightens it out.

"You look like a princess!" She tells Jane sweetly. She really did.

"Here, let me tie you up as well." She says picking up Helenas golden and green dress from the back of the chair. Helena quickly puts it on and moves her hair to the side allowing Jane easier access to the back. "There you go. You look darling." Helena stumbles trying to put on her green heels and she laughs.
Jane grabbed onto her shoulders and lead her infront of the big mirror. The two girls smiled at each other in the reflection.

"Sorry to intrude ladies but it's time." Friggas voice said from the doorway. She herself was dressed in a floor length golden dress with flowers braided into her hair. "Now you both look lovely." She says walking forward and looping her arms through Janes and Helenas. "This will go a little bit differently than normal balls do. They will first announce The Allfather and myself. We will enter together and be seated at the head table. Next they will announce Prince Loki and Lady Helena. Then they will enter from separate sides of the room joining each other at the table and take a seat to the left of us, then finally they will announce Prince Thor and his bride to be Lady Jane. You two will enter from separate sides of the room and join together into the middle of the room. The crowd will cheer and then the two of you will lead the room in a dance. After the dance is over we will all have a feast in celebration." Frigga explains.

They quickly make their way down the palace corridors until they find themselves outside the ballroom on the west side. Odin is already standing there conversing with one of his guards. "Are we ready?" He asks addressing Frigga. She nods smiling removing her arms from the two mortal women.

"Now just listen for them to announce you and you'll make your way to the front. Don't be nervous. Shoulders back and smile." Frigga says before nodding to the guard by the door. The guard quickly walks into the ball room and his voice announces.

"If I could please have everyones attention. Let's welcome The All Father King Odin and the Allmother Queen Frigga. " Odin and Frigga walk tall into the room. Both with regal expressions on their faces as they elegantly walk to the front. They both smile proudly at All of Asgard before sitting down in their golden chairs. The room erupts in applause, as the claps die down the guard continues.
"Introducing Prince Loki and guest." The guard announces turning back to the crowd.

Helena shakes off the nerves and tries to steady herself as she enters through the double doors on the west side of the ballroom. The second she's inside the room her eyes land on Loki. He has a scowl on his beautiful face clearly not happy about something the guard had said, until he lifts his head and sees Helena. Then a real smiles unfolds on his face. He's in black dress pants and a Green and golden tunic style robe. His black hair is gelled back which really shows off his green eyes. They make their way towards each other from across the room and the second they meet in the middle it feels like electricity.

"You look beautiful darling." Loki says as he holds out his arm for her to wrap hers around his own. He leads her over to chairs, they are green and golden and to the left of his parents. Loki helped her sit down before taking his own seat.

The guard continues to announce Thor and Jane in the background but it's falling in deaf ears to Helena and Loki. They can't take their eyes off of each other. That familiar pull is back. They both clap along with the rest of the crowd and Loki sends her a mischievous wink. "You look good enough to eat darling." He moans quietly in her ear making her gasp.
Frigga taps her lightly on the shoulder and gives her a knowing smile as she points to the dance floor where everyone was gathering. Helena nodded sheepishly to the Allmother before standing up. Loki stands up also and wraps his arm around her waist leading her towards the dance floor.