Chapter 31: Silencing The Storm

Start from the beginning

'What the hell is wrong with me...'

Bright red slashes of blood caught my attention, making me face her left wrist. There were self-inflicted cuts on her wrists all the way to her elbow with thin pale of scars that were slowly healing. My mind pondered over the image of her wounding herself in the loneliness of her dark home. To be taking one's own life due to the death of someone else must've been so painful. All the days of suffering and agony. Azami must have went through a lot.

My hair shadowed the hollowness of my eyes.  The rain that was once violently battering the earth, stopped almost immediately. And then there was silence. That was when I realised that Azami's death had put an end to the downpour and simultaneously brought forth a ray of sunlight.

'Ah,, that's the end,'

—————————-

On the morning of her funeral, I donned my black suit once more. Facing the mirror, I noticed how the dark circles were drooping down from my eyes due to the lack of sleep. Those sleepless nights prevented me from seeing their faces whenever I shut my eyes so I figured it was for the best.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I slowly unlocked it for the guest whom I was expecting. The door opened to reveal Maya, the scientist of U.A who invented the time machine.

"You called me here?" He asked. I only nodded silently and gestured him inside, leading him to the sofa.

His eyes stared intently into my soul.

" You want to use the time machine again don't you?" He said, reading my thoughts like it was an open book. My head jerked up to face his.

"I have to, I need to, I must. Or else, all the years I've trained to save both y/n and her mother will be in vain!" I retorted.

"What are you going to do once you travel back in time? You've seen it for yourself. Saving one person means not being able to save another. You saved Y/n but her mother died. And then you tried to change the future by saving her mother but instead, y/n died. And eventually the situation has come to this,"

I paused momentarily upon hearing his words. My rash decision had led them both to their demise. In the end, rescuing y/n was indeed the only way, even if it means seeing her cry over her mother's death.

"This time, I will save Y/n," I spoke firmly.

He stared at me solemnly for a few seconds before speaking. "When you go back in time, you'll come across the other version of you. And what will you do then?"

"Because I know myself more than anyone else , convincing him to choose the latter option of saving only y/n will be completely out of question. The other version of me will definitely be too stubborn to listen especially when his mind is clouded by the desire to save both of them. So I will,,"  my voice halted briefly.

"I will kill him,"

Maya's eyes widened slightly. He straightened his once curved back.

"You're going to kill the 'Aizawa' from that timeline?"

"Yes. And I will replace him in that world,"

A small chuckle escaped his lips. He leaned back on the cushion of the sofa and eventually burst into a fit of laughter that pierced the silence of my living room. Maya wiped away the single tear that was forming in his eye.

"You're such a desperate child! I've never seen anyone as lunatic as you!" He cackled while slapping his thighs. I only cocked an eyebrow in confusion. For someone who made a remark on my "lunatic" behaviour, he sure was crazy himself for abruptly laughing during a serious conversation.

"I don't know what's so funny about that but my only concern is, when I finally do return, can my body survive there? Back then when y/n time traveled, her body was on the verge of disappearing after a few months. I'm worried it might happen to me as well," I frowned while staring at my feet.

He stopped laughing and faced me seriously.

"I don't think that will be the case for you. You see, when Y/n entered your timeline, the other her has yet to exist. Hell, she wasn't even a fetus yet. And maybe that's why the world had rejected her foreign being. Because she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place,"

"However for you, it's different. The world you're going to will recognise your existence because you have already exist. But, if you do not kill the other 'Aizawa', there's no guarantee that you will live, as the world will definitely eliminate either one of you. So in a way, it's a good thing that you're killing off the other version of yourself,"

My eyes widened at his explanation. It was logical and clear but going back in time was still a gamble for I didn't how well my plan was going to work. Either way, I decided to take the risk and head on.

For Y/N.

"When would you like to return?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

Without hesitation I replied, "As soon as I'm done visiting her funeral."

Maya only nodded at me in acknowledgment. No words needed. He stood up and adjusted his unironed uniform while meeting his eyes with mine.

"Well then, see you tonight" He said before walking off.
_______________________________

the next chapter is coming very soon!

also, i apologise if the suicide part was a little graphic. if you need someone to talk to, i'm right here and will always be your listening ear. feel free to dm me anytime❤️