Chapter 46: I Don't Want To Lose You

Todoroki whipped around as soon as the lightning bolt struck. Moments after that came a high pitch and gut-wrenching scream which echoed throughout the forest, rendering everyone speechless. Even the blade-tooth villain that he and Bakugou were fighting with, ceased.

"This voice..." Todoroki trembled.

"Don't tell me... that's Y/N?"  Even Bakugou who is known to be hostile and unsympathetic, felt the adrenaline rush to run to your side. It was his first time hearing such agonising cry.

The villain then took this opportunity to lunge his blade but their quick reflexes enabled them to escape just in time.

Meanwhile Aizawa, who had just defeated Dabi's clone, spun towards the direction where the scream came from. Instinctively he knew it was you and wasted no time rushing to the site. Each second he prayed hard for your safety because he couldn't bear seeing you die for the second time. Just imagining your lifeless body on a pool of blood was enough to make him nauseous.

"Please be okay, Y/N!" He panted.

-
After Kaminari's final blow, you released the ball of water that encased them. The two motionless body laid on the ground, all scorched and disfigured. You could barely tell who is who. The stench rose up to your nose as you let out incoherent wails over the loss of your friend. With your head on the ground, you clutched the grass tightly while tears came spilling out profusely.

Kaminari was dead. There were no signs of life, not even a slight movement. He made the decision to end his life and it all went according to plan.

Panicked washed over to the point where you could no longer move.

"Kaminari, Kaminari!!" You repeatedly called out his name who was long gone. No matter how many times you wailed, it wouldn't change the fact that he would never reply again. It was like screaming to a doll and expecting a response. It was useless.

In a distance, thick black smokes loomed above the trees and into the sky, almost like it was the end of the world. Your red puffy eyes weakly stared at it with despair, head empty.

Just then, there was the rumbling noise of chainsaws that grew louder from behind. Your head slowly turned, without any sense of urgency. All of a sudden, a green Nomu sprung up from the darkness and lunged straight towards you. Even though you were so defeated and was ready to let go of your will to live, your legs instinctively moved on its own. You hastily rolled to your left, dodging it's attack as the chainsaw wrecked the ground.

'Ahh why am i still fighting for my life. Just kill me already,'

But every time it pounced on you, you found yourself escaping like there was a part of you that still wanted to live. The Nomu then switched one of its weapons back to its usual hand, abruptly stretching it out at high speed. Your now weakened body wasn't able to react fast, enabling the Nomu to capture you by the throat. You felt your consciousness fading away.

Suddenly, a white long scarf emerged out and spiralled around the creature's arm. With a strong tug, the arm was yanked back, releasing you instantly. You dropped to the ground and darted your eyes towards the person.

It was him. Aizawa.

"Sensei.."

Using its other chainsaw arm, the creature slashed the scarf into half preventing Aizawa from pulling it back. It then turned towards you, completely disregarding him. The Nomu sprinted to your direction with drool dripping from its mouth like a madman. You hastily crawled away, eyes still staring at the monster in shock and palm grazing the dirt on the ground. Trying to escape was futile when your back finally hit against a tree.