Chapter 58: A New Beginning

So much for your happy husband-&-wife dream! Because who the heck was that little child?!

The blue haired girl stood stationary at the entryway, eyes crimson red akin to rubies under the shining light. Her tiny horn protruded from the side of her forehead almost reminding you of the childhood corn snack—Bugles— that fit right in your fingers. It was so cute. But that didn't divert your main concern.

Why would a little girl, who looked like she could be 7, be in Aizawa's apartment. The Aizawa who was known to be ruthless towards his kids a.k.a his students.

Then it all clicked. Her age and the 7 years you were away. It all boiled down to one conclusion, this girl was definitely his love child!

'How dare he hooked up with some woman and produced a child out of wedlock while I was away? The audacity he had to ask me to stay with him when he has a child of his own.'

"Are you Papa's friend?" She asked, so sweetly and innocently like a chorus of angels.

Yet the word "Papa" stabbed your heart, deliberately taunting you that you were just one of his mistresses. You rubbed your temple as the headache started to kick in.

"Yes... yes I'm his friend. And how should I address you?" you bent down to reach her eye level.

"Eri..." her voice faltered.

For some reason, there was melancholy hiding between her eyes, one could miss it if they weren't attentive enough. She fiddled with her fingers anxiously like she was expecting you to snap at her. You wondered if something must've happened while you were away.

You gave a delicate smile and rest a hand on top of her head.

"My name is Y/N. And don't worry, I wont bite. I'm just curious as to where Aiza–I mean your Papa, is."

"He's in the shower right now," she whispered timidly.

"Thank you, Eri," you replied. "Please excuse me for a moment-"

After making sure you were far away from her sight, you barrelled towards the bathroom of his bedroom. As if on cue, the door to the bathroom opened the same time you stomped in which then led you to gasping and cursing at the sight of his naked body. Just a towel wrapped around his waist. 

"Ah fuck!" you yelled, shielding your eyes with your hands and staggering back.

"Oh you're here," he merely said.

"'Oh'?! Oh you said? I expect a reasonable explanation as to why the heck you slept with someone else and still had the NERVE to invite me back to your house," you bellowed aggressively.

"Huh?"

"Don't huh me!" you grabbed the nearest thing you could find, a book, and hurled it at him with every ounce of your energy.

Aizawa ducked by a hair's breadth. "Is this your new way of saying 'I've missed you'?"

"No. It's my new way of killing you."

You were about to send a punch to his shoulder when he caught your wrist swiftly.

"I've missed you too. Now, calm down and let me give you a detailed, reasonable explanation as to why I have a kid in my house."