Chapter 34: Evening Sky

The rocky pathway extended all the way to a big traditional Japanese house– the Todoroki Abode.  There was a spacious garden right next to it with a small pond where the Koi fishes swam. Your jaw dropped by how ancient looking it was in contrast to the modernised society you were in just a minute ago. As someone who has time traveled, this ambience was extraordinary, it felt like you were in the medieval era.

Todoroki casually walked ahead before sliding the door open and entering. You hurriedly followed him behind. Placing your shoes on the rack, a female with white and strips of red hair enthusiastically appeared out of the blue.

"WELCOME! Ah! You must be Y/n! My name is Fuyumi," she greeted with such high spirit. She wiped her hands on her apron before clasping it with yours.

"Yes, h-hello!" You nervously replied like a girl meeting her sister in law for the first time.

"Take a seat! I'll prepare the food in just a minute!"

Todoroki gestured you to enter and led you to the dining room as the tatami mat flooring creaked. You know you should've been accustomed to it by now but the Japanese styled dining table still surprised you. All the ceramic bowls and wooden utensils laid out neatly on the short legged table.

Putting your bag down, you took a seat next to Todoroki while Fuyumi brought out a pot of stew.

"I'll help you-" you offered.

"It's okay! You're our guest today so just rest alright?" She said before going back to the kitchen to take the bowls of rice.

You sank back to the cushion seat and awkwardly fiddled with your fingers when all of a sudden a hand rested on top of your's.

"Take it easy. My siblings are nice people," Todoroki smiled.

"Siblings? You mean there's more-" before you could complete your sentence a high pitch gasp could be heard.

"YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!" The white haired male yelled. His eyes protruded out from his skull when he noticed Todoroki clasping your hand.

"Ah no no! We're not together!" You aggressively waved your hands while looking away in embarrassment.

"I only wanted to compensate her for what I did during the Sports Festival," he calmly explained.

The male took a seat opposite him while arching a brow. "Oh by the way, my name's Natsuo,"

"Hello Natsuo, I'm (F/N) (L/N). Just call me (Y/N)" you gave a smile.

Suddenly, his face began to redden simultaneously releasing steam from his ears. You tilted your head in confusion. Natsuo's heart skipped a beat when he came face to face with your divine appearance. It was no wonder that his little brother was so attracted to you, you were like the embodiment of purity itself.

Fuyumi placed the bowls of rice on the table, "Unfortunately, father won't be here for dinner as he's really occupied so it's just us today."

"Unfortunately? More like Fortunately," Natsuo whispered under his breath as Fuyumi elbowed him.

"Well then, let's dig in!"

They were all very kind people, just like what Todoroki described. Having to grow up alone without a proper household, it sure felt exciting to be surrounded by an actual family. Natsuo would crack lame jokes and Todoroki would just calmly shoot him down while Fuyumi continued to giggle at the side.