EPILOGUE

The red thread of fate, regardless of time, place or circumstances, if two people are destined to be together then it will not break. Not even when an eternity has passed.  Just like the stars Altair and Vega, we will surely reunite again no matter how far the distance in which the Milky Way segregated us.

My dear husband, will I look demented in the eyes of the people who bear no knowledge of our romance when I await for your arrival? In this four walls, standing before me a time machine that has not been touched for years. Yet I feel no remorse, just hopeful. Because you promised me your return and I will trust you with my whole heart.

The door creaks open as a familiar female voice calls out to me.

"Mama, you're still here? I'm done with my lessons. Let's go home!"

My head turns to look at my 15 year old daughter. Her long blue hair tied in a ponytail, red eyes that twinkle as beautiful as the rubies amongst the rubbles. It feels like it was only yesterday when we sat on the family table with him, talking about the future ahead. How we will visit amusement parks together, travel the world, move to a place where its just us and us alone.

I pull my lips into a smile.

"Yes, Eri. Let's go home."

Once again, just like any other day, I leave the basement after a long day of waiting. It's not like I spend my time lingering like a stray dog. I make use of it to journal the memories I had with him from the very first day we met so that when I grow older and I await for him on my deathbed, I will be reminded of the times we shared. And i will keep him in my heart till my last breath.

My dear husband, I am not sad. We will meet again. Maybe in a house on a meadow of paradise, or in space where constellations reside, or some place where words have yet to fully describe. This is not goodbye, for you and I will reconcile again.
________________________________________