27

Cat 

I had a lot of things running through my mind and I guess that was why I couldn't sleep but I didn't feel like being haunted by the things in my past because I knew they didn't exactly define me, I had made some mistakes and fumbled a few things, but in the end I did what I thought was right and I was still doing it. Ty thought I didn't remember his little revelation but I'm just waiting on him to say something about it, I didn't feel the need to badger it wasn't any of my business and I would respect it as such because what other choice did I have?

"Aye Cat you hungry?" I looked over my shoulder as Ty came into the room.

"Yes, are you going to cook?"

"I was planning too but I don't know, you want anything specific?" I thought about it and remembered there were a lot of things I wasn't allowed to eat during my pregnancy and just once I wanted to cheat it out.

"Can you get me a bacon cheeseburger with house fries and a milkshake from Smash Box please?"

"You really couldn't wait huh?" he shook his head and stood up.

"I wasn't allowed to eat it while I was pregnant let me cheat just this once" he gave me a small smile and nodded.

"I got you mama, don't worry, I should probably just buy the kids a kids meal right?"

"Yeah I'll cashapp you-" he looked at me like I was crazy.

"For? It's okay, you don't have to give me the money to buy them something, even if they weren't E's older siblings I'd still do it Kit" 

"Okay, drive safe out there please" he came over and kissed the top of my head. 

"You worry too much relax ma I'll be back" I nodded and turned around to continue watching the movie after he left. "And once you're done eating I want you back in that bed getting some sleep I mean that" I held the thumbs up and nodded it was late and almost all my little babies had fallen asleep except for Elijah, he was laying across my lap with his head on my chest.

Some days I felt like I barely knew my kids anymore even though I spend a lot of time with them I guess with how my pregnancy was going I had definitely missed a lot, they had grown up Zoey was so mature and Nayla was following right in her foot steps, AJ was becoming more and more like August, you almost wouldn't be able to tell them apart, Eli was still a mama's boy and for that I was grateful, now I just had to figure out how I was going to work out my schedule to take on all the kids and my newest little one, but I always made things work so I was definitely about to keep doing the same thing. 

August: You still up mamas ?

Me: Yeah, aren't you supposed to be working? Orrr did something happen?

August: Just some thing I figured I'd talk to you about, if that's cool?

Me: You know you come to me about whatever, we are still family 

August: I'ma call you in a lil bit

Me: Five minutes I'm going to get the kids to bed

I looked down at Elijah who had somehow just that fast fallen asleep and picked him up and carried him upstairs then went back down and got his brother and sisters up and led them all to the bathrooms so they could pee and then get in bed, once they were all tucked in, I went into Ermias's room and peeked over into his crib and watched him sleep for a little bit before leaving the room. 

I made out a quick text to Ty telling him to forget the kids food because they had fallen asleep and then got in bed laying on my stomach and popped my headphones in just as the phone started ringing.