26

Tyrell King

Six hours, 24 minutes and 35 seconds. Ermias Kye King was born 7lbs 4 oz. I never expected it but I couldn't stop the tears that flowed as I sat behind Cat in the pool. She had finished giving birth and I was just staring in amazement at the little human we created.

"He's absolutely handsome look at all that hair" my mom said watching from afar, other than the nurses my mom and both of Cat's mom's were in the room, August had took the kids upstairs to keep them occupied.

"Right... I definitely have no problem with all the heart burn I had" she said giggling. "Hi Ermias, mommy is gonna stop hogging you now and let daddy hold you, yes" I shifted over a bit and took him from her, he was so tiny it didn't make sense but holding him just made everything so much more real and as I held him to my chest I couldn't help but cry.

"Awww, don't go crying now I thought you said you wouldn't" Cat said wiping her eyes.

"I lied, I definitely lied, thank you so much, come here man" I hugged her and kissed her forehead. "You were amazing" 

"No need to thank me, seeing you cry is enough thanks" she said giggling. "Now let me get out of this water mommy pass me a towel and lay one on the floor please" 

"Your never gonna let me live that down are you?"

"Nope and the pictures won't either" I looked down at my son who was sleeping peacefully and this warm feeling took over me, I never thought I could love one person the way I loved this little human and he was just born.

"Okay daddy, we're gonna get baby cleaned up, measured and weighed and then we're going to try and get baby to latch, in the meantime you can go and clean up as well" I nodded and handed him over to the nurse reluctantly and got out of the pool, I knew Cat was probably in the downstairs bathroom so I went upstairs and hopped in the shower. After washing up properly I went in my room and got dressed only slipping on a tank top so that it would make skin to skin contact easier.

"Aye congratulations man" I dapped up August as I got downstairs.

"Thanks man, it somehow feels unreal man" I said watching the nurses take care of Ermias.

"That's how I felt when the twins and Elijah were born" he said smiling watching the kids crowd their mother. 

"Like everything is finally how it's supposed to be?" he nodded as he pulled his phone from his pocket, I decided to go over and watch my lil man eat so he could answer his call.

I couldn't tell right now but he looked like he would probably look like me more but who knows he might look just like his momma. I was so lost in thought I didn't notice the nurse handing me the paper work to fill out and name him until cat nudged me and everyone started laughing. 

"You have to fill out your half of the paperwork and sign" she said smiling. 

"Oh my bad"

"It's fine, it's normal for first time fathers, you probably won't come out of it til he's one" I took the paper and filled out the necessary parts and then took Ermias and patted his back gently, when he burped, he cried a little but I just cradled him into my chest and rocked a bit til he calmed.

"It's okay buddy, your okay" I said softly placing a kiss on his head, he made this little sound and yawned. I could definitely get used to this.

Cathandra 'Cat' Johnson

I didn't think giving birth would have me feeling more energized than tired, maybe it was the fact that I didn't have nurses and doctors constantly prodding and poking me, it was stress free and beautiful, as was meeting my newest little baby. My heart felt like it had grown three sizes the moment I saw his little body being lifted from the water, he was absolutely handsome and I just knew he was gonna be just like his big brothers, judging from how Ty was handling him, he was still slightly in shock but you could already see the love in his eyes.