6

~Two Weeks Later~

August

These past two weeks have been pretty calm, I do miss Nayla though but I talk to her on FaceTime almost everyday when I get the chance to, from what I been hearing Alyssa ain't really doing to good but she's still fighting.

"Daddy can I have some juice?" I looked down at Zoey and nodded.

"What kind of juice you want mama?" I asked picking her up.

"Umm..apple" she said playing in my hair, I opened the fridge and got the apple juice and put the straw in the it and gave it to her.

"Where's your brother and your mom?"

"We're upstairs watching a movie..well we are mommy fell asleep" she said skipping out the kitchen, I went upstairs to our room and looked at my family, Elijah was passed out along with his momma while AJ and Zo were at the foot of the bed watching Turbo.

"When the movie is over turn off the TV and let your mom get some rest" I said as I gently took Elijah off her chest, I kissed the top of his head and laid him in the crib that we kept in the room.

"Aye did y'all hear what I said?" I asked looking back at them.

"Yes dad we heard you" AJ said eyes still glued to the TV, I looked at him real quick and reevaluated life.

"AJ you know that's not how you answer your father" Cat said suddenly, but her eyes were still closed.

"Sorry dad" he said lowly.

"Mhm, I thought you were asleep" I said climbing in next to her.

"I was almost there then I felt Eli move I thought he woke up" she said laying her head on my chest.

"Nah I took him up and put him in there cause I thought you were asleep and he was knocked out didn't want him suddenly rolling off the bed" I said playing with her hair.

"Trust me he wouldn't have" she said playing with my cross.

"You and those weird mother sensors" I said making her laugh.

"Whatever, you talked to Lala for the day?"

"Nah not yet, Nicki said Lala was down for a nap and she would text me when she woke up"

"Oh okay....and Alyssa?"

"...she's holding in there" I said staring up at the ceiling, I don't what's gonna happen when and if Alyssa gets better I do know her dying is gonna crush Nayla because she's been taking care of her for most of her life.

"How bad?" Cat mumbled already picking up on the tone in my voice.

"Probably another 2 months, the treatments taking a big toll on her she's almost always asleep, she don't wanna eat nothing" I said quietly, I hadn't realized I was crying til I felt Cats thumbs rub across both my cheeks and her lips pressed onto mine gently, I opened my eyes and stared at her.

"She's a lot stronger than she's portraying August, she'll be okay unless its way worse than what she made it seem"

"I'm just scared for my daughter man, she's been with her since birth and already she's being taken away from her, I know how that feels Cat"

"Zo go downstairs and play with your brother I'll tell you when to come back upstairs" Cat said sitting up, she waited for Zo to leave the room before going and closing the door locking it.

I watched as she went through one of her drawers and pull some stuff out including a small box when she turned around she took a deep breath and pushed everything in my hands, I looked between her the grinder and the box that more than likely had weed inside.