14

August

"Aye run that shit back" I said taking a pull from my blunt, after I left the house I came straight to the studio and been here ever since, I'd turned my phone off so I could focus on what I came to do.

"August are you aware it's time for you to go pick your kids up or do you want me to tell Cat to go ahead and pick them up herself?" I looked back at Delia and ran my hand down my face.

"She can get em I ain't gone be moving from here for a while"

"Okay" she said about to leave out.

"Yo Dee did she ever talk to you about anyone name Rell?"

"Not that I can recall why?"

"No reason just curious I figured he was mutual with all y'all" I said shrugging, so she kept him a secret from everyone around her?

I could try and go the petty way and cheat back but I couldn't bring myself to do that shit again like I just genuinely can't I love her way to much, that and it would only make shit worse.

"But you know what's going on with her she sounds depressed and like she was crying or something"

"I don't know she was good when I left this morning but I'ma head home right now and maybe be back here later" I said getting up, she nodded and disappeared out the room I left and drove back to the house I packed a suitcase and duffle bag with stuff I would need and took them to the car and booked a hotel to stay at just until I could rent some space for at least a month.

It may sound extra to anyone else but I know myself and I know my temper I don't wanna step out of line with Cat when I know it can be avoided like I said I'm just mad right now and with that damn image of her climbing across the car all over that nigga still fresh in my mind and every time I look at her I just can't be around her right now.

I went back inside and dropped down on the couch about thirty minutes later the front door opened and Nayla, Aj, and Zoey came running in once they saw me they all jumped on me making me laugh, I looked up just as Cat walked in carrying Eli on her hip with the kids bags on her shoulders and over her arms.

"Aye take them bags from your mom she ain't y'all maid you guys are grown she don't need to be carrying y'all stuff" I said sternly. "And go change when y'all done too"

They got up and took their stuff from her and went upstairs to put away their stuff leaving us in a awkward silence. I looked her up and down and couldn't help but bite my lip she was still gorgeous as ever I couldn't deny that.

"I thought you were leaving" she said dryly.

"I am I just had to get some clothes and shit first" I said getting up, she nodded and put Eli who was fast asleep in his playpen and took off his shoes and walked off, I sighed and rubbed my hand down my face. I gotta talk to the kids before I leave I don't wanna lie to them but I also don't need them knowing what's going on with me and their mom.

"What are you gonna tell the kids" she said leaning against the entryway.

"I don't know yet, I'll come up with something by dinner" I said shrugging, she nodded and walked off into the kitchen, I walked in behind her and grabbed her from behind pulling her to me.

"Don't do this, don't make me feel like you forgive me when you really don't just please..." She said breaking away from my hold.

"I love you, you know that?" I said leaning on the counter next to her.

"...yes" she said softly.

"So then you understand I'm doing this because if I don't I might do or say something to you that I'll regret I married you to spend the rest of my life with you Cat"