Side Piece #3 - A Day in Messages.

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 - 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞

***

incoming message from sherlock 

Sherlock 
I'm at the crime scene now - I'm not sure why you were called - it's fairly obvious what happened. -SH 

Georgia 
Right. Well I'll still come over to have a look anyway - it'll be rude if I just don't turn up. You are being nice to Greg, aren't you? X

Sherlock 
...Yes. Well, sort of. I've only insulted him once out of the five times that I've wanted to, so that has to be some sort of record, I suppose. -SH

Georgia
Well you should get back to it; I'm just getting into the car now, so I'll be with you in about ten minutes. X

Sherlock 
Please hurry - I'm worried that Anderson is going to make me punch him. -SH x

"I swear to god Sherlock Holmes, if you punch him while I'm not there..." Georgia muttered to herself, starting the car.

***

incoming call from Georgia Holmes

Hello?

Hey Love, I just wanted to check that you were going to pick Tilly up from nursery this afternoon. You know, just in case you forgot like last time!

For the last time, that was once! I was too engrossed in a case, but I assure you it won't happen again. And yes, I do remember that I need to pick her up - I promised her that I would take her for ice cream afterwards because she did well on Sports Day - I'm assuming you can't join us?

I wish I could, I'm sorry, but after this case we just finished, a higher up wanted me to go over all this paperwork - I'll probably be a little late home as well. Hopefully I'll be back to put the girls to bed.

It's fine if you're not, I'll cope - somehow.  

Ha ha, very funny. They love it when they have you to themselves - you do realise that they have you wrapped around their little fingers, right? 

What can I say? They love their Dad. 

I think I can challenge their love - I had to stick around while you used Mitzi Faradday for a case, and then I still went on a date with you after. I deserve some kind of award for that.

You have the best award - a husband and three children! 

Hehe, yeah, I suppose I do. Anyway, speaking of the third prodigy, you should probably relieve John and Donna of their babysitting duties before going to pick up Matilda in ten minutes.

Yes, I remember! Don't worry, I'm leaving right now. Where are the keys for my car, by the way? I had to take a taxi to work today. 

Stop complaining - I remember when you didn't have a car and you and John had to take taxis all the time!

That's right, but back then I didn't have three children to provide for - I can't waste money on taxis all the time - that was one of the reasons I got a car in the first place. 

Only you would imply that buying a four-by-four Porsche is less expensive than taking taxis everywhere.

I don't see the problem - I like to travel in style. Anyway, it is cheaper; in the long run. 

Yeah yeah, whatever. Did you find your keys?

Uh, nope, not y- AHA! Found them. Down the back of the sofaaa....how did they get there?

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was speaking to Siger Holmes, the man who loses everything down the back of the sofa. How are you?

Ha ha, yes, laugh it up. I'm turning into my father. But it's not like I put them down there - it was probably Julia or Tilly playing with them. 

Funny, that - they only ever seem to play with your stuff, not mine.

...Okay, maybe I'm turning into my father. As long as I don't become as unobservant as him, I'll cope.  

Aw, he's not that bad. Anyway, I'll let you go - you need to leave if you're going to be there on time. 

Okay, I'll see you later. Love you.

Love you too, bye.