Chapter Twenty - One

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

A result.

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Positive.
2-3 weeks.

Neither of them could believe their eyes. It was positive. The test was positive. Georgia was pregnant. They were going to have a child. Both Sherlock and Georgia started to tear up as she grabbed the test and lunged at him, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"We're going to have a baby!" She whispered in his ear, making the tears roll down his face quicker. He buried his face in her hair, hugging her back as tight as he could.

"A baby. Our baby." They stayed there for a few moments, holding each other tightly as they came to terms with the news. As much as it was a shock, it was also the best news that they could have got. In Georgia's mind, they would never get as far as having a baby. Getting married, maybe, but she just couldn't picture having a child with Sherlock. She didn't see him as the type to want to have children, but judging by his reaction, he was more than happy about the news.

As for her, she had always wanted children, but she gave up on the dream when she met Sherlock. After the first time they'd kissed, she knew that she wanted to be with him for a long time, but she also knew that she would be giving up having children. So you can imagine that his reaction to this news made her ecstatic.

"We should probably get back out there," Sherlock suggested, pulling back to wipe his eyes. Georgia mirrored him, trying to sort herself out, "people will wonder where we've been."

"We can't tell people just yet - maybe John and Donna just for now. Just in case." Sherlock agreed, and once they finally looked normal again, they headed back through to the living room where everyone was sat exchanging gifts.

"I told them to wait for you, but Greg insisted that we start without you - he was convinced you were having a quickie." Georgia rolled her eyes at the Inspector, going to sit down on the floor in the circle, but Sherlock was quick to offer his chair to her.

"Thanks," she muttered, making eye contact with John. Something told her that he already had an idea of what was going on. Of course, they talked outside. She then turned to Greg, "for your information, we weren't having a quickie. We were just talking."

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say." He said with a chuckle, taking a sip of his beer afterwards.

The last present to be exchanged was Sherlock's to Georgia. He handed the little parcel over, and she tore the paper open to reveal a very aged book. She turned it round to find that it was the first edition of Charles Thomas Newton's book 'Travels and Discoveries in the Levant', which was Georgia's dream book. Not only had Sherlock managed to find a copy, he managed to find the first edition too.

"Sherlock...this must have cost tons! You really shouldn't have." She said, looking up at him with a shocked smile.

"It wasn't that much, I promise." He answered.

"Where did you get it from?" She asked nonchalantly, flipping through it carefully.

"A place called Peter Harrington." Georgia slowly looked up at him.

"The place in which this book costs one and a half grand?!" She exclaimed quietly, holding the book close to her. "Love, you really shouldn't have," she said, getting up and kissing him, "you've already given me the best present today-"

"Yeah, the quickie you just had." Greg interrupted. Both Sherlock and Georgia slowly turned around to glare at Greg, before she returned to her seat.

"But thank you, sweetie. This means a lot." Sherlock smiled down at her, before he got up and held out his hand.

"John, Donna, can we speak to you for a minute please?" He asked, helping Georgia up and walking with her through to the kitchen, closing the door behind Donna and they both walked in. "So, Georgia and I have something we want to tell you. Now, don't get too excited-"

"Oh my god you're getting married?!" Donna whispered in excitement, looking for the engagement ring on Georgia's finger.

"No, not that." Georgia replied, and waited for a minute, before Donna adorned an open mouth expression.

"No. Fucking. Way. You're pregnant, aren't you?!" Georgia bit her lip to try and stop her smile, but it came through anyway. "Oh my god!" Donna exclaimed quietly, rushing to hug both Georgia and Sherlock. "Congratulations! Aww, I'm so happy for you both!"

John then came over and hugged them both, patting Sherlock on the back.

"Well done mate. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, John."

"Well, we better get back out there otherwise they'll think something's wrong."

As Sherlock sat next to Georgia on the arm of his chair, he realised, looking around the room, how lucky he was to have people around him who he loved and respected. He would try to give this child the life they deserved, even if that meant endangering himself to make sure they were safe.

━━━━━━━━

Author's Note

━━━━━━━━

don't get comfortable for too long... 😈