Chapter Twelve

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Out of the loop.

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Everything was going swimmingly. Since Sherlock and Georgia had established their relationship, it felt like a weight had been lifted off both their shoulders, and they could finally just be happy with one another. Even though they hadn't known each other for ages, they still knew each other well enough to be able to build a stable foundation for their relationship. 

They were also succeeding in their plan to keep this development from their friends, for now at least. Sherlock found that Georgia was right; it did feel much better to be able to keep this between them for a little while, as they were both settling into it. Sherlock had never been in a relationship before. Well, not a proper one, with real feelings and dinner dates and shared looks over the table, small kisses exchanged discreetly. 

But just because keeping their friends out of the loop was a good idea, doesn't mean it was an easy one. Both Sherlock and Georgia wanted to spend every minute of every day together, but they couldn't do that without looking suspicious. So Sherlock had to carry on solving his cases, and Georgia had to carry on excavating crime scenes and analysing new findings. 

Sherlock was already paranoid that at least John and Donna had figured it out, but Georgia was quick to reassure him that Donna would have said something by now, had she known, so that worry was quickly thrown away. 

At this current moment, both Sherlock and Georgia had been called to a crime scene in Richmond. It was convenient for them as they had already been together, participating in some...activities at Baker Street. Goodness, not that...but close. Before they left the flat, they made sure to tidy themselves up, god forbid that it looked like they were doing anything out of the ordinary. Greg had already been sightly suspicious when Sherlock had answered the phone out of breath. He had to make up some ludicrous lie that he had just fought a criminal inside his flat, as he'd already said that he was at home. 

I think that's what they get for keeping secrets. 

Even so, Sherlock could tell that Greg didn't believe a word that he'd said, as the moment he mentioned a new case, Sherlock suddenly got excited. Why is he this excited if he already has a case? Greg thought to himself. But when both Georgia and Sherlock arrived at the crime scene at the same time, he instantly put two and two together. 

As they walked into the crime scene, which happened to be a a rotten cottage which was on it's way to completely collapsing, Greg caught up with the two of them, splitting them up and putting an arm around each of their shoulders. Obviously, he had to reach up a little to reach Sherlock's, but it worked nonetheless. 

"So, guys, is there anything you want to tell me?" He said looking between the two of them, a massive grin occupying his face. Sherlock just scowled and looked away, shrugging Greg's arm off his shoulder, while Georgia's eyes widened, and she stopped walking.

"How do you know?!" She questioned, panic seeping into her voice. 

"It was hardly difficult to work out! I may not be Sherlock Holmes, but I know a couple when I see one. Also, Sherlock was out of breath when he answered the phone, and I did question it, after all, he was acting weirder than usual. And then, when I phoned you," he said, pointing at Georgia, "you were also quite out of breath too. Not as much, as you'd had time to calm down, clearly you didn't carry on whatever it is you were doing, but you were definitely doing something together." He finished, wiggling his eyebrows at the two. 

Both Sherlock and Georgia looked at each other, before sighing. 

"Okay Greg, you got us, but you can't tell anyone." Georgia stressed. "We don't want people knowing just yet, we just want it to be between us for a while, before everyone gets wind of it."

Greg thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Okay, I'll keep it quiet. But just know that I am really happy for you. Ever since Sherlock asked me for your number, I knew that something would happen." Sherlock smiled at Georgia a little, and she smiled back, unaware that Greg was watching the two of them with a sense of pride. 

Of course, even from the start, Greg knew that the chances of the consulting detective ever getting a proper girlfriend would be slim, and as soon as Mitzi walked into the basement on that case, he knew that she wasn't for real. But the way Sherlock looked at Georgia, even before they started officially dating set Greg's conclusions in stone. 

She was going to be the woman that changed everything. For the better. 

━━━━━━━━

Hey everyone! Sorry for the, for a lack of a better word, shit chapter. I wanted to get something out, but this chapter was a bit of a filler, before we move onto the next big event. Well, sort of big event. I sort of just wanted Greg to find out on his own, because he's known Sherlock longer than everyone, so in a way, I sort of see him as a father figure. 

I promise the next chapter will be longer, thank you for bearing with me!

Abbie x