Chapter Fifteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Aphrodite.

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Even though the clouds had taken over the sky in Amantia, Georgia felt as though she was walking on sunshine. She couldn't actually believe that she was here, and with Sherlock nonetheless. As soon as the couple had landed, Georgia had been rushing around everywhere, trying to see everything within their first day of being there, despite Sherlock telling her to slow down and to take things in. They were there for a week after all. 

As well as spending time inspecting the architecture and taking notes for her article, Georgia also wanted to spend some quality time with Sherlock. They had only just got away without being suspected too much, but now they were finally on their own for a little while, they could be together without having to look over their shoulders every time they stand within a metre of each other just in case someone made an assumption. 

Currently, the couple were unpacking their belongings in their hotel room, which was surprisingly lavish considering they were in quite a desolate area. The room had one double bed in the middle, a fact that they were going to keep to themselves, and a large wooden wardrobe opposite. To the left of the bed was a door that led through to the en-suite which was stark white and so clean that you could see your reflection in the ceramic sink. 

The room had a homey feel to it, and it made Georgia calmer about being away from home. When she had been in Egypt, everything kept piling up on her all the time; William not doing his job, being away from home and the excavation not going as planned. But here, she knew she would be able to relax and enjoy her time. 

"So, what do you think?" She asked her boyfriend, turning to face him after she'd put her suitcase under the bed. Sherlock looked up at her from his phone, probably solving the odd case from his inbox. 

"It's nice. I didn't think the hotel would be as nice as this, but then again; it is the National Geographic." She laughed, walking over to him as he turned his attention back down to his phone. She came to stand in front of him, slowly taking the device out of his hand and setting it down on the bedside table. 

"Yes, my dear?" He asked, wondering why she had interrupted his crime solving. She smiled at him, leaning down to kiss him. He instantly responded, placing his hands on her hips and pulling her onto his lap. Both of them knew where this was going, and they would be lying if they didn't say that they were slightly scared. It was the first time for both of them, and neither Georgia nor Sherlock had much experience in that department. But Sherlock had half predicted that this would happen here, so he had done some research in preparation.

Thinking about it for hours on end, one evening he had decided to learn some things that would able him to pleasure her. He didn't want either of their first time to be disappointing, and he also didn't want to embarrass himself, so now that they were in this position, he was glad that he had thought it through beforehand. 

 ━━━━━━━━

"So when are you going to start research for your piece?" Sherlock asked, walking hand in hand down the street with Georgia. After their little rendezvous in the hotel room, they had decided to go and get some dinner, the event building up an appetite for them both. Georgia had to take in a little slow, still sore from their activities, but definitely not regretting them. At. All. 

She had to admit, she'd never thought about what Sherlock would look like naked, but she could now say that she never would have imagined him having such a hot body. Of course, she knew that he was in shape, but what surprised her was the beginnings of a six pack, and very, very strong arm muscles. She knew this had also been his first time, but god was he experienced. She knew that he would have done some reading on the subject, but she wondered just how he'd acquired said information. 

Obviously he wouldn't have gone to John to ask - that would have prompted more questions as to why he was asking. That meant that he would have had to look everything up on the internet; she imagined that he had fun doing that, especially with the internet these days - you can find anything. She was surprised that what he saw didn't put him off, rather made him more eager to put his new found skills to use. 

"We'll visit the first sight tomorrow. I really can't wait to get started - this is going to be so fun!" Georgia replied, smiling up at Sherlock. 

That following day, they had visited the acropolis, specifically the Doric style temple dedicated to Aphrodite, the goddess of Love. Georgia found the temple fascinating, and even Sherlock couldn't deny that the remains of the temple were quite spectacular. It had been built in the 3rd century B.C, which is crazy to think about how long ago that really was, and how there were still remains of what people had built there. 

Even though crime and law was Sherlock's speciality, he had a new found interest in History from this trip, and decided to start paying attention to more of Georgia's work - after all, he had never had a real girlfriend before, and if Georgia was the only one he was going to have, he wanted to make it work. 

━━━━━━━━

Hello loves! I decided to surprise you all with an update - I felt particularly motivated to write today. 

As you can probably see, quite a few of the books from my library have disappeared. This is because the work was piling up on me, and I felt slightly suffocated by how many books I had to update, so I decided to unpublish them. I obviously kept this one and Tiny Dancer, seen as this is my main book, and Tiny Dancer is already finished. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter - get ready for a little drama in Chapter Sixteen!!

Abbie x