Chapter Eighteen

━━━━━━━━

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

━━━━━━━━

Freak no.2.

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Considering everyone close to them (Greg, John and Donna) now knew about their relationship, in a way it was more freeing. They no longer had to hide their affection for one another and they could be a proper couple. But with that said, Georgia knew that Sherlock thought he would be treated differently now he was in a relationship - of course - he was worried that people would think he's gone soft.

But although he thought this, it still didn't stop him from being extremely proud of his relationship. He had never thought in a million years that he would be here, lying in bed asleep next to a beautiful woman who he could call his. And usually, he wouldn't condone sleeping as part of his schedule, but even for Sherlock;

5 am is way too early.

"Nooo, go away, I want to sleep." Georgia whined, burying her head even further into the pillow, trying to block out the ringing of her phone.

"Turn it off then. Pleaseee." Sherlock begged in his deep morning voice, turning around to nestle into Georgia.

"Fine." Her hand suddenly shot out from under the covers as she blindly reached for her phone, tapping the screen aimlessly in order to shut the thing off.

After about half a minute, she finally managed to switch it off without chucking it on the floor. They led there in silence for a minute, before Georgia had a thought.

"That was probably a case, wasn't it?" She questioned.

"Yeah, probably." Sherlock grumbled, only half listening. Once he'd realised what she'd said, they both shot up, yanking the covers off. Georgia reaches for her phone as Sherlock started getting dressed.

"A missed call from Greg. Shit." She clicked on his name, putting the phone on speaker as she also started to get dressed.

"Hello?" Greg's voice came through the phone.

"Hey; you phoned? Is there a case?"

"Yeah, is Sherlock with you?"

"Is that a trick question?"

"...No?" Georgia sighed.

"Okay, yeah, he is. Where you do want us?" She asked, pulling some black jeans on. 

"It's a farm in Surrey. Triple murder, all in sarcophagus'."

"Okay, text me the address and we'll be there." Georgia hung up and finished getting ready, jogging into the living room to find Sherlock already there, coat and scarf on and holding hers out for her. She smiled at him as she put it on, then they both raced out of the door and jumped into Georgia's car, heading to the crime scene. 

━━━━━━━━

When they arrived at the scene, it was only 6:45 am, so the sky was still nearly pitch black. Groggily, Sherlock and Georgia got out of her car, the former still holding onto his coffee for dear life. As they made their way towards the taped off area, Georgia spotted Greg talking to some officers. They both ducked under the yellow caution tape and met with the Detective Inspector, who looked just as tired as they felt. 

"Alright you two - we have Anderson on forensics and Donovan is around somewhere, so just keep an eye out for them, and preferably keep yourselves away from both of them." He warned as we started walking into the house. When they got down there, Georgia was surprised to see that Donna had already made a start. 

"Hello, I didn't know you'd be here - you didn't need to come." Georgia greeted her. 

"Well someone had to remember the equipment, didn't they?" Georgia looked around, then sighed. 

"It's not my fault that someone decided to find a body this early in the morning, is it? How am I expected to actually be fully functioning this early in the morning?" She questioned, not looking for an answer, and thankfully not getting one. 

Georgia turned around to see if Sherlock had got anything, to find him staring off into space. 

"Sherlock?" Georgia called, to no answer. "Hello? Sweetie?" She waved her hand in front of his eyes, and he zoned back in.

"Hm, what?" He answered, finally. "Oh yes, sorry. Uh, about 34-35, female, obviously, and a banker for Aberdeen bank." Sherlock spouted out, taking a sip of his coffee afterwards. 

"Right, okay, thank you. We're just getting her DNA sent off, so we should know who she is soon. Have you got anything else?" Sherlock shook his head, still slightly out of it. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Georgia asked quietly as she made her way to his side. Sherlock looked down at her and nodded, leaning down to rest his head on hers. "Are you sure?" 

"I'm perfectly fine, love. Don't worry. Sometimes the 'no sleep' thing catches up on me, that's all." He explained, kissing her on the head. 

"Sorry, are we interrupting something?" A sarcastic voice rung through the room, pulling Sherlock and Georgia away from each other. 

Of course, Sherlock thought. Sally. 

"No, Donovan, you're not interrupting anything. Feel free to mess up the evidence as much as you want - we're done here." Sherlock grabbed Georgia's hand and started to lead her out of the room, when Donovan spoke up again. 

"Ah, I see. Freak number two, is it? Does he lead you around everywhere?" Sherlock turned around faster than Georgia could comprehend, and faced Sally. 

"Don't you ever speak about Georgia in that way again. Just because you can't find someone who isn't married, doesn't mean you need to be a bitch about other people's successful relationships." With that, Sherlock strode out of the room, leaving Georgia in the doorway. 

"I don't know you, but please stay the hell away from Sherlock and I. And also, he doesn't lead me around everywhere - quite the opposite. It is 2020 after all." Georgia winked at the confused Sargent and left the room. 

"What did you say?" Sherlock asked Georgia as she emerged from the house. 

"Oh, nothing really. I just told her what's what." She said cheekily, getting into the car, ready to go back home and to bed. She just so happened to miss Sherlock's small smirk. 

He definitely loved her.  

─ excavation of the heart, s.h.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें