Chapter Sixteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Tired?

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Sherlock and Georgia were finally on their way back to London after one blissful week in Amantia, and everything had been successful. Georgia was able to collect enough research material to write her article for the National Geographic while also spending time with Sherlock, and he was able to provide himself with some time off from his usual schedule full of dead bodies and murderers to be able to relax slightly.

But as much as he'd enjoyed these past seven days, he had to admit that the thought of getting back to what he loved doing best made his heart beat a little faster every time he thought about it - or. . .was that every time he looked at Georgia? Maybe both. We'll never know.

As their flight landed back in England, the couple started gathering their things, glad to be back home on cold, wet soil. No doubt Georgia's archaeology team would be glad to have them back (especially Donna after Georgia put her in charge while she was away). Exiting the plane, Georgia yawned loudly, making many people around her now aware of how tired she was, and what she had for breakfast.

"Tired?" Sherlock questioned, throwing her a teasing smile.

"Yeah, flying always makes me drowsy, especially when we've landed in God's tear bath." She scoffed a laugh at her attempted humour, watching as Sherlock rolled his eyes, trying to fight a smirk off his face, even though Georgia knew that she'd managed to humour him at least a little.

"Well, it's a good job we're going straight home." Sherlock agreed, walking through the airport, dragging his carry on with him.

"Thank god for that. The thought of my bed is making me drool. . ." She trailed off, getting lost in thoughts about sleeping, while simultaneously trying not to fall asleep standing up.

As they were making their way to Georgia's car which they'd left parked at the airport, Sherlock looked at Georgia sceptically.

"Are you sure you're going to be able to drive me back and then make it home without falling asleep behind the wheel?" He questioned, worried that she would get herself hurt.

"Oh I'll be fine. I should be able to wake myself up on the drive back to your place, and then hopefully I'll be able to make it home." She said, trying to sound convincing, even though she still couldn't keep the sleepiness out of her voice.

"Maybe you should sleep at Baker Street tonight, just so I know-" Sherlock tried to suggest, but Georgia cut him off before he could finish.

"Nope, trust me - I'll be fine." She stated, lifting her suitcase into the back of the car, Sherlock mirroring her actions whilst also glaring halfheartedly at her. "Anyway, if I were to sleep in the same bed as you, people would definitely start to talk. And there's no way Greg would be able to keep his mouth shut if anyone even went near the subject."