Chapter Twenty

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

A test.

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Sherlock was scared. Yes, you heard right. The famous consulting detective of London was scared shitless. I mean, you would be too if your girlfriend of not that long was possibly pregnant. The thought made Sherlock want to curl up and hide, hoping that all of his problems would just magically vanish. Not that this was a problem as such, it was just that if Georgia was pregnant, then he wouldn't have a single idea of what to do.

And it's not that he wasn't slightly excited - because he was. In fact, he was quite excited, but he promised himself that he wouldn't get too worked up over this - whether that be excitement or worry. Because chances are, she isn't even pregnant, and Sherlock is just jumping to conclusions. But, better to be safe than sorry.

"Hey, you alright?" Georgia asked as Sherlock came back over to her, once again fiddling with the test in his pocket. How am I supposed to do this? He thought, working through the possible scenarios in his head.

"Yes, I'm fine. I was just wondering if I could speak to you in private?" He asked cautiously while trying to seem nonchalant on the outside - he had no idea if it was working.

"Uh- sure, yeah." She agreed, putting her champagne glass down, following Sherlock to his bedroom. When she thought she realised what was happening, she started to laugh.

"Oh god, Sherlock! You could have just waited until..." She trailed off as she turned to face her boyfriend. The man that was currently holding a pregnancy test out to her. "What- what is this?"

"You've been throwing up in the mornings, and you missed your last period. I know you didn't notice, otherwise you would have already taken one." Georgia stood there for a moment, contemplating his words.

"Jesus, you're right. How did I not see?" She asked, starting to pace around the room. Sherlock could see she was panicking, so he slowly approached her.

"Hey, everything will be fine. Don't worry - we don't even know if you are or not yet."

"And if I am? What will we do then? I can't imagine you'd want a baby running around the place." She said, still walking around, running her fingers through her curled hair.

"Look, we'll talk about that afterwards - if the test is positive, okay? Just go to the bathroom and take the test." He held Georgia by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Please."

She stood there for a moment, contemplating her decision. After a couple of seconds, she nodded, taking the test from the bed and walking into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. Sherlock sat on the bed, his head in is hands, just thinking about everything. All of the possibilities of the situation.

Two minutes had passed, and Georgia came out of the bathroom, holding the stick wrapped in tissue.

"We have to wait three minutes before we look at it." She said, placing it down on the bed between them. They sat there in silence for the whole time, thinking the exact same thing - what's going to happen?

The timer on Georgia's phone went off. Here goes everything. She thought, feeling sick at the thought of either answer. She slowly reached out and took the paper from the top. Sherlock hesitantly reached out and turned it over.

━━━━━━━━

Author's Note

━━━━━━━━

umm...i know, i'm sorry! i'm mean and this is such a short chapter, but i wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger. the next chapter is already written and ready, but i wanted to keep everybody on the edge of their seats for a little while!

sorry again!

abbie x

p.s. i know i've uploaded two chapters, but i wanted to give you the lovely gift of a cliffhanger 🤧❤️