↻13

The sound of bullets disposing into their targets rang through the high tension filled battle ground below him that became a war not long after

Hunching over the sniper with precision in the tips of his fingers every time he took a shot.

A languid smirk pulling on his lips with a slight scoff at their bad defence, his teeth nudging against the piercing poked through his tongue- habitually grazing over it.

Sounds of frantic, heavy hitting bullets spraying through the air almost became second nature to him- he didn't flinch or become terrified by any means.

Chenle was desensitised from the horrific violence displayed right in front of his eyes.

"Renjun, fall back!" Jisung exclaimed, his frantic hashing at the keyboard with his rapid fingers, muttering under his breath.

Chenle zoomed in on Renjun who was clutching his arm, blood oozing from it and overspilling past his fingers.

"You okay?" Jeno's worrisome tone spoke lowly and it was followed by a pained grunt from Renjun as he attempted to shoot off the enemy.

Seeing this, Chenle immediately began to  fire away relentlessly at the masked men- his fingers begining to cramp up and hurt but he couldn't stop.

It was his lifestyle- one wrong move could cost other lives.

There was a whirlwind of bullets going in all directions, adrenaline high and the ground stained with crimson red blood that had spilled mercilessly.

The sound echoed and rang in his mind, pounding in his heart as the adrenaline pumped through his veins.

"Guys, you need to hurry up- we have another calling."
"What!" Jaemin exclaimed out, thrusting this blade into a man and pushing him off.

"Another one?"
"Yeah, it's not too far but...they seem to be raiding a store or something."

"And? It isn't our problem- do we look like the neighborhood superheros?"

Jisung sighed heavily.
"It's them, you know we have to take them down."

Chenle craned his neck side to side, the pains shooting up it as he rolled his shoulders back with an emotionless expression plastered on his face.

"Whatever, let's just get it over with."

"Seowoo-ah!" The voice rang out in a high pitched, cute tone which made the said girl flinch.

Inhaling sharply, she turned around to see her co worker grinning at her with her hands behind her back.

"Seowoo-ah~" she said again, making sure to showcase her big puppy dog eyes and flashing smile.

"What is it Haneul?" Seowoo sighed, already knowing the girl wanted something.

Turning her back, she began to restock shelves without batting an eye- still keeping her attention on her best friend.

"Well, this really- incredibly cute guy asked me out on a date..." she began, clasping her hands at her chest as she peered at Seowoo expectantly.

"And let me guess, you want me to cover your shift for you?"
In reply Haneul nodded frantically with a pleading gaze.

"I'll make it up to you I promise!"
"You better have fun so my hard work doesn't go to waste." Seowoo pointed out with narrow eyes.

Haneul gasped, face lighting up as she squealed and ran over to the girl to fling her arms around her neck to pull her into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much!"
Seowoo chuckled before tapping her back.
"I can't breathe." She muffled out against Haneul's hair. "You can let go now."

"Oh! Right sorry!" The girl apologized before beaming at Seowoo. "I'll catch you tomorrow then?"

"There's nowhere else for me to be after all." Seowoo muttered out, earning a laugh from the girl that had began to walk away.

It was approaching the evening and the store wasn't overly busy, leaving Seowoo to be the only worker there.

Of course her manager was there, but sleeping in the back as he always did- typical.

Utterly exhausted, the girl groaned when items clattered to the ground. Head aching and feet pained- she huffed and forcefully began placing items back.

"I need an eternity worth of sleep." She grumbled before hearing the repulsive sound of the bell dinging as it represented new customers.

"Welcome to our store, how may I help you?" Seowoo asked, turned around to put the last item away and then spun on her heels to face them.

However, they definitely weren't customers.

Well this day is just getting better.