Prompt Request {V I R G I L}

Start from the beginning

A few hours later, I get a text from Logan telling me to go to his room. I walk over there from mine and open the door a peek to see him standing there, so I walk in. 'You needed me?' I ask him. "Yes. It is about your selective mutism. I know that you do not trust us, and therefore do not talk to us, but I believe I have found a good way to teach you how to talk. We simply can start off with easy words, such as people or things you see everyday, and work our way up to the hard words, instead of teaching you how to talk in full sentences first. How does that sound?"

'L-O-G-A-N, I know how to talk. I have a very large vocabulary. But I don't talk to you three because I don't trust you, it's not as easy as teaching a three year old to say m-a-m-a. It doesn't work like that.' He nods and sighs. "How long will it take before you trust us?" I shrug before walking out.

We had just finished filming my lines and had allowed the others back in when Roman started shouting, much to my displeasure.

"I don't get it! You talk to them and you talk on camera! You're not mute! Just talk, it's not that hard, emo nightmare!" I shake my head. I don't like people yelling at me. "NOT NO! JUST SAY SOMETHING, WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN TALK!" Panic sets in. I start cracking my knuckles as I back away slightly, twiddling my thumbs and generally messing with my hands to get something to focus on before I spiral and have a full on panic attack, eventually also pinching myself.

"JUST DO IT! OH MY GOD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY WON'T YOU TALK?! WE KNOW YOU CAN, GOD YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" I pull my hood up over my head, still in an attempt to stabilize myself before I end up on the floor in tears. Speaking of tears, a few start silently falling down my face.

I try to control my breathing. Having a full on right here probably wouldn't help. Logan and Patton aren't doing anything to stop him, and I don't think I can stabilize myself much more. I try and use mindlink, it's something that sides of the same kind can do to communicate, Patton, Logan, and Roman have mindlink, Remy and Emile have mindlink, and Remus, Janus and I have mindlink.

'Dad.' I think. Dad. I sign, still trying to get Remus. Patton sees me signing. "Yes, kiddo?" He asks. I shake my head. 'Not you.' I sign to him. 'Dad!' I try again.

"What are you doing here, Remus?" I hear someone ask. I turn around to be faced with Remus standing there, his mace in hand, looking at everyone. "Oh, nothing good for you. Wanna explain to me what's going on here?"

"Well, Roman got a little bit frustrated with anx- with Virgil, and told him that he wasn't very happy that Virgil wouldn't talk to us." Remus scoffs and comes over to me, noticing that I am obviously crossing territory dangerously into panic. "Touch?" He asks. I nod, and he wraps his arm around my shoulder and looks me in the eyes. "Breathe, Virge." We do the breathing exercises that he and Jan taught me. "What happened?" He asks.

'R-O-M-A-N got mad at me, and started yelling at me because I wouldn't talk to them but I talk to you and in videos. I started panicking and mindlinked you and Jan to try and get someone to come.'

"Someone translate what Mr. Emo just said, I don't read sign that fast." Roman says. "He said that you got mad at him and started yelling, all because he wouldn't talk to you, but he panicked because of it, and mindlinked Deceit and I so one of us could come help him." Remus replies, and Roman scoffs.

"It's his fault for pretending to be mute!" Remus gets angry at that. "Virgil doesn't pretend to be mute! He only talks to people he trusts, and I don't blame him for not trusting you! Here you are yelling at him for not talking, and you expect him to trust you? Some light side you are." The whole time he keeps his arm around my shoulder, and I can't say I have a problem with it.

"Well, you're here, so why isn't he talking now?" Patton asks. Remus looks at me.

'I got panicky and had an internal/nonverbal attack but you showed up before it got worse.' I link. Remus turns around.

"He's nonverbal, you fuckers!" "We know that much!" Princey says. "Nonverbal, not as in won't talk to you. Nonverbal as in you scared him so much with your yelling that he had an internal panic attack and he's temporarily nonverbal. Dumbass."

Janus suddenly appears. "Deceit!" Logan yells. "How could I not come and join this wonderful gathering? I've heard you're scaring Virgil, and I am not happy with it. Remus?"

Remus nods, and they switch places. Janus around me protectively, and Remus with his mace facing the light sides.

"Who's next?" He asks, after taking a swing at Roman.

Im sorry! I didn't know how to end it so I hope that was good! Thank for the request Pen_Ink_Thorn !

Word Count: 1544 including this and all of the beautiful authors notes at the beginning