"Oh, for God's sake!" I huffed loudly to myself. "Stop being such a baby!"

"Baby?" Draco repeated in a snarl. "Let's drop you like that on your back, see how you'll react!"

"I'm not saying it's not gonna hurt, but I guarantee you, I wouldn't be crying like this."

"Crying!? I'm not crying! How dare you suggest such thing!"

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I said mockingly. "I couldn't hear you through all the tears."

"You know what, Hooper?" he said sharply, taking his arm off me and snapping mine away. "I don't need help from a mudblood like you!"

He then tried to take a step forward, but then yelped in pain and was forced to lean against the wall nearby, making me roll my eyes at him.

"If you're done being a dramatic two-year-old," I started, going forward again and trying to help him up, "then we better get you to Madam Pomfrey soon. We're nearly there."

      He suddenly fell silent at that. My words caused his stare to become more curious, as though he hadn't expected me to speak to him that way. As if he had expected me to run off angrily after what he had called me.

        He looked at me warily for a few more seconds. But then he finally shook his head and threw his arm around my shoulder for support, mumbling grumpily to himself as we walked the rest of the way to hospital wing in silence.

When we got there, I helped him on one of the beds and went to wake Madam Pomfrey up and bring her with me.

"Can you explain what you were doing awake at this time of night to begin with?" she asked, following me inside the ward.

"Doing detention with Mr. Filch," I answered.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy... it's you..." said Madam Pomfrey with a sigh as he saw Draco on the bed, looking disappointed, for she knew he was well-known for making a fuss.

"Just get this over with," said Draco moodily.

After having him explain what had happened in the most dramatic way possible, Madam Pomfrey finally said, "Well, Mr. Malfoy... looks to me like you've had a small hip injury."

"He what!?" I exclaimed loudly before bursting into laughter.

"It's not funny!" Draco snapped at me.

"I know, I know," I nodded, pursing my lips together hardly to stop myself.

"Then stop laughing!"

That was enough for me to snort and roar in laughter once more, having to hold my stomach as it started hurting.

I wiped the tears away from my eyes when my laughter slowly faded away after a long minute, sitting on a chair nearby.

Draco glared at me as Madam Pomfrey gave him a potion to heal him faster.

"Stay here for the night," she said with authority, taking the bottle from him and putting it away. "You'll be good to go tomorrow. And you," she said, turning sharply on me. "I want you out in five minutes. That's all I'm going to give you."

And with that, she left the ward, leaving us alone.

I grinned at Draco and opened my mouth to say something, but before I could do so, he beat me to it as he briskly said, "I don't want to hear a single word about this, understood!?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" I saluted him, trying to hold a serious face.

But as I looked up at his stern face, I couldn't help but laugh again, and so when I tried to hold it back, it came out as another snort.

      "Sorry," I cleared my throat, but failed to suppress my smile. "I always laugh in serious situations."

       He shook his head, looking at me as if he were trying to understand me. He regarded me intensely once more before he spoke in a whisper, "You really are crazy, Lexi."

      He then laid back on the bed, his pale eyes still lingering on me as I grinned. "I'm gonna take that as a compliment."

      "Well, it wasn't a compliment, so don't flatter yourself."

      "Oops, too late! I'm already flattered."

       By one last curious glance at me, he sighed, resting his head on the pillow and closing his eyes.

      I sat there for a few more seconds, waiting to see if he would open his eyes and talk to me again. But when I figured that he wasn't planning on doing so, I slowly got to my feet.

"Goodbye, Draco," I said softly and got off the chair to make my way out of the hospital wing.

He didn't answer me. But before I could leave, I could've sworn that I saw a hint of a smile on his lips.