"I'm sure Kegan will love rooming with her," Logan said, not expecting Calix's aggressive snarl that made him instantly stand down.

They took their time to get to the pack so that Hallie could keep up with them. Calix constantly snarled at his pack mates as they tried to trail back closer to the witch, mostly out of curiosity, but he refused to have anyone near her.

When they arrived in the pack village, Calix sent everyone home, sending the member of Logan's pack to their guest house. He guided Hallie to their pack house, despite his desire to lock her up in a cell.

They arrived inside the pack house, Calix having Kai watch Hallie so he could get dressed. He found Kegan in their room, eager to find out what had happened, but as soon as he stood up, Calix growled at him, confusing Kegan.

"What's wrong?" Kegan asked, walking over to Calix and making him stop walking away toward the closet. When he stopped Calix, Kegan wrinkled his nose. "Why do you smell like vodka?"

Calix gently pushed Kegan off of him, going to the closet and putting on a pair of sweats and a T-shirt. When he returned to the bedroom, he realized Kegan wasn't there anymore.

"Kegan!" Calix yelled, bursting out into the living room where he found Kegan embracing Hallie, emitting an ear shattering roar from Calix. "Get the hell away from him!"

Hallie jumped away in a second, holding her hands up in surrender and backing away from Kegan.

Calix grabbed Kegan's arm and pulled him back, baring his teeth at Hallie. "I told you to stay away from him!"

"You never told me that!" Hallie spat back, glaring at Calix. "You Alphas always seem obsessed with control. The crowning going to your head?" she asked mockingly, earning herself another growl.

Calix slammed his hand into the counter, making both Kegan and Hallie jump. Seconds later, Tan and Luke ran into the room, hoping to relieve some of the tension.

"You will not disrespect me in my house, witch!" Calix bellowed, towering over Hallie.

Kegan didn't want to get involved, and thankfully Hallie gave him a small smile to let him know she could take care of herself. With how tense Calix was, Kegan didn't want to make the situation worse. When his mate was involved, Calix got anxious and more aggressive, which was instinctual, but it was also overwhelming and terrifying.

"I'm not trying to disrespect you. I apologize," Hallie said, bowing her head. "I need to adjust to being around wolves."

Kegan was relieved when Calix's shoulders relaxed slightly. He grabbed Calix's hand pulling his attention away from Hallie.

"You need to go calm down," Kegan said soothingly, brushing his hand over Calix's shoulders and smiling when he relaxed further. "I trust her. It's fine."

Tan cleared his throat when Calix growled at the thought of leaving Hallie without someone watching her. "We can keep an eye on her, Alpha. We're only a mind link away."

Calix clearly didn't want to, but he didn't really get a choice with Kegan tugging him away. They went back to their room, Kegan climbing into bed and holding his arms out for Calix to join him.

"What's on your pants?" Calix asked, making Kegan look down. He reached forward and pulled something off of them that had stuck to them.

Kegan took it from him, shrugging. "I don't know. I found it on the path the other day after you were attacked and it felt important," he said, peering at the tiny disk. "Do you recognize it? We don't usually use tiny, red disks here.

Calix pursed his lips, taking it from Kegan. In an instant, his mind flashed back to the night he was attacked. It was the same size of those red eyes. He held it close to his nose and picked up the strange medicinal scent he'd smelt that night.

"Calix? You look a little pale... What's wrong?" Kegan asked as Calix's breathing got heavy out of anxiousness. "Calix?"

"Those weren't rogues that attacked me..." Calix whispered, eyes blown wide. "We've got a mole."

"What?"

"Someone in the pack is working against us... oh my goddess... Kegan! You weren't dreaming! The night they injected you! I'm an idiot, oh my goddess!"

"Calix, you're not making sense!" Kegan snapped, trying to understand what Calix was trying to say.

Calix growled. "We're calling a pack meeting. Right now."

•••

Sorry for the lack of updates, got a lil busy :)

Hope y'all enjoy and it makes sense cuz it's like 2 am