Chapter 44: REVENGE

TW: Amy does some illegal stuff

*Virgil POV*

Today is Wednesday. Or should I say, 'It is Wednesday, my dudes'? It's been 19 days without Logan. I've gotten a little better, but not much. I lie, telling Patton I've been sleeping. I haven't really. I've been plotting my revenge. Roman told me he and Remus have been sending Amy the glitter letters, but that's not enough. Remus and I don't talk a lot anymore, not after the incident with him and Jan, but we're still on relatively good terms. 

I meet up with Remus after school, quite far away at a McDonalds he hasn't been banned at yet.

"Hey," I say.

"Sup bat," He says, "So what's up with you? You look like a raging dumpster fire,"

"So I'm hot?" I ask, smirking.

"Answer the question," He says.

"Logan's still out, and I want revenge,"

"On who? Please tell me it's Roman. He shaved my mustache last week and-"

"No. Wait, you still have a mustache..."

"Well, I didn't let him shave all of it. I tackled him to the ground before he could,"

"Ah. So no, it's not Roman, it's Amy,"

"Oooh, will you let me hit her with a bus?"

"Of course. We just need to make it look like an accident,"

"So we're not hiding the body?"

"We aren't murdering anyone, Remus. That's a little too illegal and I still want to go to college,"

"Fair enough,"

"So I heard there's gonna be a big college party for the community college downtown next Friday night. Amy loves going to college parties, and she's gotten drunk a few times. Do you see where I'm going with this?"

"Yep. We lead her to a college party and then we hit her with a bus and hide the body-"

"We are not killing her!"

"Well, you can't be certain-"

I sigh.

"Remus, how many times do I have to explain to you that murder is illegal?"

"What does the law have to do with anything?"

"Oh my god. You know what? Just hit her and try not to kill her. If she dies she can't stay around here and suffer,"

"Deal!" He says, "Now are you gonna finish those fries? I ran out,"

"Hell no. These are mine,"

He lets out a dramatic sigh that rivals Roman's. 

"Fiiiiiiiiine," He says,

---

Thursday afternoon. I managed to ditch Roman and Patton and go straight to Logan before they could stop me.

"Hey, Logan," I say, sitting down and taking his hand.

He doesn't respond, like normal.

"Today's gonna be back to Harry Potter," I say.

I open the book and start reading,

"Chapter 1, the boy who lived,"

Halfway through the book, I pause to get some water. Just as I'm leaving I hear,

"Virgil?"

*Roman POV*

Patton and I enter the hospital, looking for Virgil when we hear a delighted squeal from down the hall.