Chapter 6: Ice cream helps

*Logan POV*

I'm packing up my stuff, happy with how our project went when Virgil, still on his computer, bursts into tears.

"Virgil, what happened?" I ask, startled at his sudden mood change.

I fear I did something wrong or said something that upset him. He continues sobbing and points to his screen. I see the library's security cameras up. I decide not to ask why or how he got them up and look at the box Virgil is pointing to. Its two guys, kissing. Not that strange, certainly not something to merit tears.

"Do you know those guys? Who are they?" I ask, concern lacing my voice.

"On-one of them is my b-boyfriend." Virgil chokes out, "The other is my best friend." 

He goes back to sobbing. Shock goes through my body. In very emotionally charged situations, I try to do what I do best: analyze and find the best possible solution and/or reaction. I analyze. Virgil just found out his boyfriend is cheating on him, or at least unfaithful. I now also know that he's gay, pan, or bi, which is good for me- good to know. I decide that the best possible reaction is to comfort him. 

"Virgil, I can try to assure you you'll be ok," I say.

I'm not very well equipped to handle this situation, but I know someone who is.

Hey Pat, I've got a bit of an emotional situation. I need your help I text.

Sure thing. Where are you?

The library, first-floor study room 4.

Omw, should I bring Roman?

It's probably best if you don't

I turn my phone off and go back to comforting Virgil.

"Virgil, remember to breathe. Take a deep breath, hold it, and release." I instruct.

Virgil tries, but can't stop crying. This goes on for a few minutes when Patton shows up. He knocks on the door. I stand up.

"Virgil I'll be right back. Please try to continue to breathe." I say, stepping out of the room.

Patton looks worried.

"What's going on kiddo?" He asks.

"Well, you see, I was here with Virgil, working on our English project. We were about to leave when he saw, um, out the window, his boyfriend kissing his best friend. That was about 10 minutes ago and I can't get him to calm down or stop crying." I explain. I decide its best not to mention the breach in the library's security footage.

"Well, this must be serious because I've never seen you so emotional over something like this." Patton comments, "Let's take him back to your place, I think I left some ice cream in the freezer he can eat."

Patton sees my confusion and adds, "It usually helps when people are sad. And we can figure out what to do in a non-public place."

I nod and go back into the room. Virgil has stopped crying but isn't moving. He's conscious, but I think just can't talk.

"Virgil, would you like to come over to my house? You can calm down there away from them. You can pick up your car later." I say.

Virgil just blankly nods and stands up. I lead him out of the room, making sure we don't leave anything behind.

We get into my car and I let Patton drive. I sit in the back with Virgil to make sure he's ok.

"Patton," I ask, "Where is your car?"