Chapter 32: Prank turned blackmail

*Logan POV*

It's the start of February. I have exactly 17 more days until I am free. 17 more days I can't tell Virgil how I feel. 

I meet up with Roman and Patton at the library, as they have a lot of studying and homework to catch up on. I'm already at the library, waiting for it to slow down so I can go help them. I already cleared it with the manager. I beginning to suspect Virgil is scheduling all his shifts to be at different times than mine, as we haven't worked the same one in over a week. The odds of that being a coincidence are low. 

When there are only about 3 people at the library I go to the table Patton and Roman are at. I sit down, setting some textbooks next to me. 

"Greetings," I say.

"Hey, Lo," Roman greets.

"Hi, kiddo!" Patton says.

His whole body drops a bit at the sight of the books.

"Oh, this is going to take pages," He groans.

Roman chuckles a bit.

"If you focus we can get it done faster," I say.

---

We do eventually get most of the work done. We pack up and leave. It's sunset by now, even though it's only 5 PM. I wave goodbye to them as I finish up the last few things I need to do before my shift ends. Since it's really slow, there's not much to do. I decide to spend the last half-hour of my shift reshelving and reorganizing the books.

*Virgil POV*

"I got it!" Jan says.

We're outside the library, in the parking lot. My shift starts in 10 minutes.

"Got what?" I ask.

"A plan. You said you think Logan might still like you, right?" He says.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure that's what he's been saying the past few weeks, despite the fact he kissed that little piece of s-" I say.

I honestly have no idea what Logan's been saying. Once minutes, he likes me, the next he won't break up with Amy, and the next its 'a misunderstanding'. I mean, make up your mind!

"Right, so imagine how he'd feel if you showed him the same pain! We need to find a time when he'll see us and then you can kiss me! Boom, he feels the same way you did, and there's your revenge," Jan explains.

Something in the back of my head says he really just wants an excuse to kiss me, but I agree. This isn't a super big act of revenge, just enough to show him I don't have any feelings for him at all.

---

Our day comes on Friday, exactly two days of planning later when Logan and I were scheduled to work a shift together. 

I clock in, do my work, and mostly ignore Logan unless I need to ask him a work-related question. Afterward, he asks if we can talk, which is what I'm counting on. I tell him later, behind the library. Little does he know Jan will be waiting there for me.

Our shift is over. I clock out and rush out to the back. I see Jan there. We get into position. The plan is for us to kiss just as Logan comes around the corner.

I hear footsteps.

"Quick," I hiss.

"Oh, Virgil, what would I do without you?" Jan asks dramatically.

This wasn't part of the plan. I don't know how to react. As much as I hate to admit it, I just pretend I'm talking to Logan and the responses flow out of me.

"Live your life alone, that's what. You only want me, and I only want you," I say.

Jan then winks, which is our signal. I lean in.

"I shouldn't," I say.

Jan looks confused. But I know Logan is behind us, watching our every move in silence.

"Aren't you still with him? I shouldn't help you cheat," I say.

Jan is quick on his feet.

"Oh, forget him. All I need is you. Please, Virgil?" He says.

"You should probably do it now," He murmurs quietly.

What the heck, why not. But it feels very wrong. I can practically feel Logan's stare as I kiss Jan. Not going to lie, I pretended it was Logan. Kissing Jan feels unethical and just wrong. I know he's still dating Remus. 

As we part, I see him give a thumbs up. I look behind me.

"Thanks, Dee. That was perfect. You're off the hook now," Amy says.

What the actual freaking heck.

Janus sighs a sigh of relief. I shove him away.

"What is going on?!" I ask.

"Oh, nothing but a little blackmail. Lo-Lo's been getting, hmm how do I put this, disloyal lately, so I needed some blackmail. Thank you!" Amy says.

I turn to Janus.

"This wasn't about my revenge at all, was it?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"Sorry Virge, you really think I would suggest that while with Remus?" He says.

"Well, I don't care who suggested it, you still did it. Now care to explain what's going on?" Someone says. 

I look over Jan's shoulder and see Remus. Welp looks like my night is going to end with either me sobbing into my pillow or beating it to a pulp. Just in case things go south, I sneakily take out my phone and press record. 

*Amy POV*

I got what I needed. Once I found out that that emo freak was hanging out with Dee, I found a way to blackmail him into making it look like they were dating while I recorded. Apparently, that kid doesn't have the cleanest of records, so it was pretty easy to blackmail him. 

He seemed pretty hesitant at first, talking some crap about not wanting to 'hurt Virgil anymore', but I reminded him of all the colleges I can warn not to accept him, and he caved pretty quickly after that. 

After I got the recording, I went back to my car where I made Logan wait. 

"Finally. Now can I go talk to Virgil? I promised I would," He says.

I smirk a bit on the inside. I put on a 'concerned girlfriend' look.

"You might want to see this first," I say, handing him my phone with the recording playing.

His face falls and eyes widen when he sees it.

"You- you faked this, didn't you. This can't be real. I swear to god if you did this-"

"You wouldn't," I mock gasp, "Break up with me, would you? I thought you enjoyed having a job and freedom. Of course, I can always tell your parents how gay both your friends are, and I don't think they'd like that, would they?"

Logan relents.

"I won't. I just need some time to think. I'll see you later, Amy," He says, leaving my car to go to his.

The seed of doubt has been planted. I've seen how he doesn't really like me, so I needed a way to keep him with me. This is my solution. It will leave him confused and lonely, and I'll be there to help him, and then he'll love me, or at least stay with me, forever.

Hi, serious talk time. As many of you may have heard, this Pride Month there will be a group of homophobic people called the PrideFall. BatgirlGeek has a story up explaining the details of what might happen. If you or someone you know is part of the LGBTQ+ community, I encourage you to try to stay safe when these people attack. Homophobic people really disgust me, in real life, not in these fictional stories. Because in real life, they can do real damage to real people. Please spread the word and make sure you and anyone you know are prepared for this. Until then, I hope you have a safe day/night you magnificent peep!