Chapter 9 // Pickle head

Start from the beginning

I sat down at the corner of my bed and the three of the just sat at the side.

"Your so pretty, I thought you would be the opposite. Oh and I heard your getting married," the brown head, Rona spoke.

"Who told you I'm getting married? I still haven't given my answer yet," I answered her immediately. God. Does everyone know?

The three looked at each other with a smirk and the red head, Warda spoke up,"Are you kidding? Did you see him? He is smoking," she says while fanning her self with her hand.

I rolled my eyes. "You guys know him?," I asked.

"Of course we do. My mother gave them a marriage proposal for his hand in marriage, but he Refused," the red head, Warda spoke.

"He refused?"

"I heard he refused every marriage proposal and rumor has it that he asked for your hand in marriage! Is it true," the girl with the black hair, Zartaj spoke up.

"Um, yeah I geuss," I said to them, still very confused on why he refused every marriage proposal and then ask for my hand in marriage.

The three girls squeaked all at ounce which caused me to jump a little. "He likes you! Don't you see! Every girl that I have known has given him a proposal but he refused all the time. Your the lucky bird!," the brown head, Rona squeaked.

"Um, okay then," I say while scratching my neck. Why would he like me? No one likes me. This is all lies.

"What should I wear to the wedding! I should wear that black lehenga or that purple long dress," the black head, Zartaj spoke up.

"Wow, wow, wow, hold up there ladies, I still haven't said yes." I wave my hands around.

"But you will," the brown head, Rona said after winking at me.

"I still haven't given my answer yet." I think I do but I don't know. "And plus, I don't even know him that much."

"Don't worry we'll help you with that," Warda says.

"And how exactly are you gonna help me," I ask them with a smirk knowing that they probably don't even know one thing about him.

"Oh honey, we know everything about him. His age, height, favorite color, you name it," Zartaj spoke up.

My jaw dropped to the ground. "But how?," I asked surprised as ever.

"My mother always asks questions to people she wants me to get married to, literally. She has a paper full of questions," Warda says.

"Um, ok," I manage to spit out, still shocked at the fact that they know everything about him. I didn't know what to ask them. His favorite color? Wow great going Humaira. You don't know the guy and want to know so many things about him but when there are answers at your feet, your mind is empty.

"Since you don't know what to ask, we'll just tell you the basics," Warda says.

• • •

I have learnt so much about Zayad it's scary. His favorite color is navy blue, he's scared of heights, pizza isn't his thing. Zayad loves coffee and doesn't have a favorite food which got me pretty mad. Who doesn't have a favorite food! He's 5'9" and used to be a player.

When they said he was a player, I was a bit taken back because he doesn't look like the type that would go around and start dating girls and then dumping them after that. He looks empty in a way. Like he's missing something.

My mother called us down stairs.
"I guess we're leaving. It was very nice to meet you Humaira khan," Zartaj says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.
"If you say yes, call me. I wanna know the theme for the wedding," Rona whispers.