Chapter 23 // Innocent

*thats there dresses :)

Humaira's POV

*One hour later

It's been such a great afternoon. Tess tackling Az to the ground. The makeup artist not showing up and also little kids trying to steal my phone and me running away from them at 2 miles/per hour. Seriously, I think I burned around 500 calories.

We tried to help with Az and her dress but I just just gave up and let Tess take the situation. Instead I did her hair.

It's been 3 hours and the makeup artist still hasn't arrived. Maybe it's the traffic. Or she can't find a parking space. I look out the window and I see cars everywhere around Az's house.

There's a knock on the door and I go to see who it is. "She's here!" I scream out. The lady rushes into the room and starts on Az's makeup.

I start doing my hair and putting it to the side. Before we came over here I got a call from Aunt Durdanah. She started rambling in the phone on how they changed all the plans from Az's mom.

Apparently there was going to be 2 sides in the ceremony. A women's side and a men's side.

They were going to go on with the whole celebration from the brides side separately from the men's side because some Aunties complained to Az's dad about how there daughters are doing a dance performance and it's only for the bride. So this got Az's dad thinking that he might as well do this whole dance parade as a surprise for the newly wedded couple.

The idea wasn't even that bad. I mean it would be more fun and surprise both Zain and Az.

I wore my black lehenga that I had for quite a while. It was only worn ounce and then there was no reason to where such a heavy dress anywhere else.

Tess wore a beautiful light green lehenga that went all the way down with nice folds adding more volume to her perfect body.

I'm so jelly right now.

The door starts banging making us all jump. "Open the door! We know you held the makeup artists all to yourselves. We have to do our makeup to!" The girls scream.

I rush to the door and lock it. There was even more banging. The door was about the break any second.

"Shut up you selfish brats! The bride is in here!" Tess screams. Az giggles In the corner while the lady is doing her eyeshadow.

They still don't stop though. My ears were to the point where they almost started to bleed. I couldn't take it anymore and knew there was only one way to save the day.

"Hey! If you don't stop the banging the door I swear to god I'll go tell each and every one of your mothers what you did during last years Shima aunties wedding!" Everything suddenly stopped. I heard a couple gasps behind the door. They all knew what they did during the wedding. And they know if one word comes out to there mothers, all hell will break lose.

The sound of footsteps leaving made us all sigh and relived. That would teach them a lesson to never mess with Humaira.

"Muahahahahaha! That will silence them. I know it. But I'm sure I'll get a couple Of glares." The makeup lady gives me a weird glance and then gets back to doing Az's makeup.

"So what exactly do they not want there moms finding out about?" Az questions looking towards my way.

"Oh nothing. Just that they almost traumatized Shima auntie and her beautiful eyes."

They all look at me.

"Oh I'm not telling you. You guys are too innocent."