Chapter 15 // Strong

Humaira's POV

I hesitated. Should I answer? I mean I haven't talked to him in a week. But what do I tell him? Oh, I was in the hospital because I fainted and yeah.

That would sound like I don't care about him and didn't even think of calling him. Which wasn't true. I did think about him.

My phone kept ringing and I started to reach for the answer button in slow motion.

I just finally gave up and answered it. Ok what do I say? Hello? Wait no. Say hi. Hello would be to polite. Then hi would be too chill.

"Hello?" Zayad's deep voice boomed through the phone. I started shaking and managed to speak.

"Uh hey." I walk up to my car and get in.

"Humaira hey, uh I just wanted to call and see what's up. I called you but you didn't answer."

I gulp and then try and think of a lie that I can pull off.

"Um uh, oh yeah, yeah," I mumble. This is not going so well.

"Humaira? Is everything okay? How are you taking the news of Azzahra getting married? I hope your okay."

God, this guys to nice. Ok, think.
"I'm fine and what about you?"

"I'm fine and um I was wondering if you wanted to uh, hang out, today? We can go eat dinner or what ever you want to do. I mean it's okay if you d-don't wa-." I stop him before he can ramble on.

"That would be great and dinners fine," I tell him. A small smile makes it's way towards my lip.

I hear a small noise in the back ground.

"Ok, I'll pick you up at 7."

"Ok, see you then. Bye."

I end the phone and put it back in my purse. Dinner? Oh my god, what have I got my self into? I shake my head and grin at the thought of Zayad stuttering and being totally awkward

I put the car in drive and drive home. I should probably tell Az. But then she'll tell my mom and the whole advice thing will start coming back to her.

I Pull up in the drive way. Getting out of my car I look up to one of the windows. All the curtains are closed. What the heck? My mom has this OCD of opening every curtain in the windows during the day time and close every one of them at night.

Quietly tip toeing to the door making sure to not make a sound. I need to know what's up.

The door creeks open. It was already open.

I hear voices upstairs. It's probably my mom and dad. Their voices get louder and louder the closer I get to their room.

To find out what's been going on these past few days, the only solution is to see what they're REALLY UP TO.

So, detective Humaira is taking over.

"How do I tell her? She's gonna freak out," my mom says. What do they want to tell me that going to make me freak out?

I press my ear against the door listening to every word.

"I know she's going to freak out. She needs to know. If we don't tell her, all hell will break loose. You know Humaira." My dad's words hang on to me.

"Ok, I'll tell her and then you'll pitch in, but....but what about Zayad and his family?" Wait. How does Zayad involve in this? This must be huge.

"Your right. We have to tell them some how, but that will just break Humaira's heart more then it already is." What does that mean? "More then it already is."