Chapter 3 // That guy that keeps staring

*the dress above is what Humaira wore to Az's meeting with her fiancé

Humaira's POV

Az was being pulled toward the living room while I was just snickering behind her. There was a bit of silence while She stepped into the living room. I was still in the kitchen because who'd want 10 pairs if eyes staring at you? Not me.

I heard her soon-to-be mother-in-law talking. "Well, let's cut the chase. Azzahra honey, would you like to get married to my son zain?"

Damn, this lady went faster then I could when I run. She doesn't even know him! What is Az supposed to say?

There was a long moment of silence. Az let out a deep sigh and said, "I-I don't know yet." I noticed the guy "zain" shifting in his seat. There was also another guy sitting next to him. Noticing how he sat made me shiver.

They both looked like the type of guys that you wouldn't want to mess with.

Zain finally spoke up. "Well, if you'd like to get to know each other then that wouldn't be a problem with me.
So, do you umm, maybe,want to?" He said scratching the back of his neck.

Did it just get hot in here? Or is it just me radiating the heat?

There was a huge grin in my face. It was adorable how he asked her. He looked like a little kid asking for ice cream.

Az looked like a red apple and zain looked like the peanut butter to her apple. She looked up to him and said, "sure."

I squealed and just then everyone's head shot up and looked at the kitchen door. I immediately went into the kitchen, but for my luck my mom called me in to the living room, "Humaira? Are you there? Come join us honey." I mentally slap myself. Why am I such a stupid idiot? Ughhh sometimes I wish someone would knock some sense on me.

I walked into the living room with my gaze lowered.

I sat down next to Az and my mom started speaking. "This is my daughter Humaira. She's Azzahras best friend. They go to the same university", my mom says with a grin. Why is she talking? This is so off.

I looked up and find the guy that was sitting next to Az's fiancé staring at me. The whole room fell silent. It kinda felt awkward. Az's dad clapped his hands. "Well, I guess it's time to eat," he said. We all got up and went to the kitchen.

My mom and Az's mom we're helping to prepare the table because Az's soon-to-be mother-in-law didn't let us. Literally.

I sat down at the corner right side of the table and Az sat next to me. Great, now I have to act and eat super neatly or the guests will think I'm a snob and disgusting. Good going mom.

Somehow I felt like a pair of eyes were staring at me but I didn't know if they were. When I was done with my plate I went into the kitchen and washed my plate because I wanted to at least help out.

The whole "discussing and meeting her fiancé thing," went by pretty fast. I smiled a little at how Az stuttered almost the whole time she was talking with her future mother-in-law. Let me tell you one thing. Ever since we were kids, we would tell each other stories, and Az's would be always about a rude mother-in-law not letting his sons wife love him or whatever. Sooo, I think she's scared the her future mother-in-law wouldn't like her.

My dad called me from the kitchen and said that we're leaving. I suddenly got a text from Az saying,

Bae💕- please help! Zains mom won't stop talking to me. And shes going into the "having kids" conversation.

I laughed at that and started going through the kitchen door, but just then I bumped into a huge rock. I rub my head and look up. Turns out my conclusion was wrong. It wasn't a rock. It was that same guy that couldn't stop staring at me.

I quickly lowered my gaze and he did the same. "Sorry," he said, in a deep husky voice.

I shivered at his words. "It's okay," I replied back.

We both walked our opposite ways. I found Az listening to her future mother-in-law with red cheeks. I giggled slightly and went up to her.

"Um, well, we're leaving," I told her. They both looked up at me with a smile. Az nodded and got up. She said Salam to her future mother-in-law and I did the same, and soon enough we were out. "Thank god," I said. Az looked at me and laughed, "your coming to my house to sleep over. I wanna spend as much time with you before you go and have kids," I said to her. She smirked and got into my car.

We arrived at my house and went straight to my room because I was exhausted. I gave some pjs to Az and jumped on top of my bed. Az came back from the bathroom and went to the other side of the bed. Just then, she got a text message from an unknown number. She opened it up and it said,

Unknown - hi, It's zain. Your mom gave me your number.

I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she rolled her eyes. She then texted back,

Azzahra - oh ok.

I looked at her and then slapped her head. "Oh okay," I said in a deep manly voice. "Really!?!" She again rolled her eyes and got a text message from zain saying,

Unknown - so um maybe we can meet at Starbucks. What do you say?

This time she was blushing. I snatched the phone away from her and texted,

Azzahra - that would be great! Send me the address?

Before Az could even take it away from me, I already sent it. A new message came up and it was the address to the location.

"I am going to rip your head off," she said, and before she could, I started to run. We both were running around the room in circles until we didn't have any breath left. I jumped on top of the bed and put a blanket over me. Az did the same and we drifted off to sleep.