The eyes matched Calix's and while his hair was lighter, it was as untamed as Calix's usually was.

"Enjoy the reception, ladies and gentlemen," Calix said, and the conversation picked up again between the other wolves there. He grabbed Kegan's hand and leaned close to his ear. "I want you to meet my brother. He's pretty high up in his pack and a really successful warrior, so it's important that you meet him and the other warriors in his pack."

Kegan simply nodded as they made their way over to a table where Calix's brother sat with a female Alpha beside him, other warrior wolves not from their pack there.

"Logan," Calix said, making his brother look up at him excitedly.

"If it isn't my big brother," Logan said, standing up and hugging Calix tightly. "How have you been? I mean, outside of all of the Alpha duties."

Calix sighed. "It's been busy," he said, shaking hands with the Alpha sitting beside Logan. "I wanted to introduce my mate and Luna."

Kegan smiled, holding his hand out to Logan, who took it with his own grin. "Kegan," he said softly.

"I'm Logan, and this is my mate Chelsea," Logan said, before looking down at Kegan's stomach. "How far along are you?"

"You can tell-?"

Chelsea nodded, taking a step toward Kegan to shake his hand as well. "We're not from here so we don't know your scent. If you don't know an Omega's scent, you can tell their pregnant," she explained, resting her chin on Logan's shoulder. "That was a bit of a forward question, Logan."

"I'm a bit of a forward person," Logan said in response, kissing Chelsea's cheek. "Thank you for pointing it out, babe."

"My pleasure," Chelsea said cheerfully, sitting back down in her seat. "You seem like you'll be a wonderful Luna."

Kegan blushed at the praise, leaning into Calix's side. "Thank you."

Calix wrapped his arms around Kegan's waist, touching his stomach. "He's about two weeks along. Ready for some nephews and nieces to be running around?"

Logan scoffed. "As long as they're like Kegan and not you. I can barely tolerate you, Alpha."

"Then it's a good thing you don't live in this pack," Calix shot back, glaring at his little brother. "Have you seen Kai and Astra?"

"No, but Astra was pregnant, wasn't she?" Chelsea asked, both she and Logan moving from their seats offering Kegan a place to sit. "She was a few weeks along when we last visited."

Calix nodded, going onto tell the story of Astra's pregnancy and about her pups. He held Kegan's hand as he told the story, but Kegan didn't pay a bit of attention to the story. His mind was on their future, and for the first time, he wasn't focused on the bad.

Kegan's mind was on his beautiful mate and the kind of father he'd be; a wonderful, loving father who would protect and raise his kids. So much different than the father that Kegan never knew until he was older, and one he never wished to be around his children.

"Alpha!" someone yelled, rushing in with their eyes set on Calix.

Calix stood up, already in a defensive position and ready to protect his mate and pack. "What is it?"

The warrior panted before standing to address his Alpha. "There's a woman outside our pack. She's not a wolf, but she claims to be a friend of the Luna," he said, but he was growling. "She said that we're in danger."

Kegan looked up at that. "Does she have dark hair with red in it?"

"Yes, Luna."

Kegan immediately stood up. "I know her. Come on," he said, grabbing Calix's hand.

Calix growled, shaking his head. "If there's danger, you are not going."

"Yes I am! She's the woman who saved me and I'm the Luna of this pack, so it's my job to be there!"

"No," Calix said, looking to his brother. "Will you keep an eye on him until I come back?"

Chelsea nodded, and Kegan growled, sitting down in defeat. "It's safer, Luna."

Kegan ignored her, glaring at Calix as he shifted into his wolf. He rolled his eyes when Calix approached him and licked his hand apologetically.

"You're not getting anything tonight, asshole," Kegan scolded, making Calix snort before whimpering.

"I just want you to be safe."

"Hallie isn't a threat."

"And until I meet her, I don't personally know that," Calix shot back, turning to run off toward the woods.

"I'll go with you," Logan said, shifting into his wolf, unaware to the mental bickering between Kegan and Calix. "We'll be back soon."