[f/o] y u n g i

type : fantasy + fluff

storyline :
yunho goes hunting for his family , searching through the woods - only to get lost and stumble across and enchanted lagoon , where a cute deer hybrid mingi lays peacefully resting.

3rd person pov

"yunho darling" a voice called out , waking up the male from his calm slumber. slowly, the brown haired boy got up, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"mm, what?" the male mumbled out croakily, his morning voice making his accent huskier.

yunho waited a while before realising he wasn't going to get a response so he swiftly changed and went downstairs , greeted by both his parents sitting down at their table, planning the day ahead. his mother turned to him with a calm smile.

"yunho i heard you call but i decided to wait until you came out for me to explain." she continued with a light smile "your father was injured when he was carrying logs home this morning so we would like you to go hunting today for food- but of course we have to warn you a little of the creatures that lurk out there."

yunho paused whilst analysing what he had just heard. him... hunting?

that was the opposite of what he expected, as you see... yunho , he would never hurt a fly - well , he was scared of flies so.. anyways, yunho was a gentle boy so him and hunting never really seemed to be a good thing. but, if that's what his mother wanted then i guess he had to comply. so, with a sweet and charming smile, he responded,

"of course, what would you like me to do? what creatures too..?"

after this, his mother paused and gathered her thoughts before beginning her explanation on his task for the day and the creatures involved.

"well you see yunho, we'd like for you to go down the meadow and at the end, there's a stream, continue going down north until you reach a fenced area and a spruce wood forest, this is where your father hunts and where it is safest. so, that is all you need to know about hunting and what you hunt... we'd prefer for you to hunt deer, they're the easiest to get." she smiled at yunho softly but soon that changed as she turned quite serious. "now, here is where i need you to pay attention, son, because we want you to hunt deer, you need to be away of the deer hybrids that live among another woods, enchanted woods. they shouldn't be in the spruce woods but just incase you see one , i want you to kill it- they are demonic and vicious creatures. they're horrifyingly ugly and terrifying so we need you to be prepared to face the worst. but, we know you can do it yunho and it would be a massive help to your father and i" she finished, her smile appearing again which only low-key confused yunho because she had literally just said he's gotta be prepared to shoot some deer thingy... whack

but nevertheless, he nodded , smiling gently before walking to the front door and picking up the crossbow leaning against the wooden wall.

"alright mum, i will go to the hunting woods and i promise to be back before sundown - take care" he beamed and then opened the door, walking out and closing it behind him; beginning his journey to the woods.

walking through the meadows he clutched onto his crossbow, humming a tune to himself, admiring his surroundings as the butterflies flew amongst the long , flowery grass. but once he reached the stream he paused for a moment , mumbling confusedly about where to go and which direction... if only he hadn't zoned out at the stream directions because he was too busy thinking about seonghwa and san coming around that evening... well, he realised he would probably be able to recognise the spruce woods so he began walking east of the stream (obviously not remembering he was supposed to go north) and glanced about, this area felt magical; even though he wasn't in the enchanted territory because his mum said that was to the right of the hunting fields and now he felt at one with the nature.