Chapter 43: Take care

Start from the beginning

He hisses but doesn't protest further. Roman and I take his hands and we walk to the park about 15 minutes from the school. Virgil needs sunlight, he's gotten paler.

---

"I wanna go see Logan now," He whines.

"Virgil it has literally only been 10 minutes. I swear you are a child," Roman says.

"Roman, be nice. If he is a child then he's our child, so he's our responsibility," I say.

"I'm right here you know," Virgil says, "And the day Roman and I are related is the day I'll stop wearing black,"

"It is now my goal to make us related," Roman says.

"Never," Virgil says, sticking out his tongue.

"Ok kiddos, where should we walk to next?" I ask when we reach the park.

"I don't know. Maybe to go see-"

"Virgil you've been with him for the past 9 days, you can stand to not be with him for another hour or so," Roman says.

"Do you guys even care?" Virgil says, angry again.

"Of course we do kiddo! I've known Logan since elementary school, I'm really worried about him. But he has a bunch of doctors taking care of him, you don't. If you don't take care of yourself then we will make you. That's what good friends do," I say.

"I second that," Roman says, "Logan's been one of my best friends since my parent's divorce. I want to visit him as much as you do, but you are in bad shape and need some help first,"

Virgil stays silent. I don't know if he's realized it yet, but he does look like a mess. Unkept hair, old makeup, and slightly dirty clothes. He starts to cry a little.

"I miss him," He mumbles.

"We do too kiddo," I say.

"I think we should just go visit him. For a bit. Then we'll go back outside," Roman says.

*Logan POV*

"You know, you could've avoided this,"

I can hear everything right now, but can't see or move. Which makes it really annoying when Amy comes. I don't exactly know where I am either. I hope I am stuck in a bad dream, but that is likely not the case.

"I was ready to give you the world, why didn't you love me back? You could've stayed with me longer, I could have proved how good we are together,"

I could not care less about what she is saying right now. I just want her to shut up and leave. I much prefer it when Virgil comes in and reads to me. 

"You know, this could happen again. To any of your friends. All you had to do was date me, but you're too stubborn to even do that. Honestly, I still love you, but it's time you return those feelings,"

The odds of that happening are infinitesimal. I am more likely to never eat Crofter's again then date her. I want to avoid her at all costs, but I can't quite do that right now.

"Well, I've got to go now. I just want you to know this is your fault. There were easy ways to avoid it,"

She leaves. Finally.

After an unknown amount of time, I hear my friends walk in.

"Logan!" Virgil says as rushed footsteps come near me.

He takes my hand.

"How do you think he's doing?" Roman asks.

"Logan or Virgil?" Patton replies.

"Both at this point,"

"Well, the doc said Logan's got a few broken bones, but they're most worried about when he's waking up,"

They talk for a while. A little to me, mostly to each other. Virgil doesn't let go of my hand.

Eventually, they leave, making me all alone again.

---

I believe Virgil visits me every day, so I believe it has been 13 days. He reads me another book, and Patton tells me everything about school while Roman sings a bit. I miss being able to talk to them.

"Alright, see ya Lo," Roman says.

I hear them all get up.

"Bye kiddo,"

"Wake up soon, Logan. I miss you,"

I miss you too, Virgil.

*Virgil POV*

Patton and Roman have been forcing me to take a little more care of myself, but I still spend the majority of my time out of school with Logan. I want to be there when he wakes up, but I don't want to be a mess.

"Ok, Virgil, when you get home what are you going to do?" Patton asks.

"Eat dinner and do my homework," I say.

"Good. You will go to bed and not spend the entire night debating whether or not you should sneak out to beat Amy or visit Logan, right?" Patton says.

I'm not so sure about that one.

"Right,"

"Good. And tomorrow you will take a shower,"

"Ok,"

This has pretty much been their given self-care routine for me.

"Ok kiddo, take care. We'll see you tomorrow," Patton says, giving me a quick hug as I walk to my car.

"See ya, salti emo," Roman says.

"Bye Pat, bye Princey," I say, getting in my car.

Ok, I think that was a good mix of fluffy and angst. And I promise Amy's karma is coming soon, just as soon as I can fit it into the plot. It will happen, trust me. I hope you enjoyed reading. Thoughts and feedback in the comments are welcome and have an amazing day/night you magnificent peep!