Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

"Can't you just like...pretend to be me?" She asked and I chuckled at her question.

"Even if we put on the best disguise, it would still know that we aren't you. Bubble knows your scent" I said and Ceres frowned.

"It's okay, Honey. It's just for a little while" Kade said and Ceres' frown deepened.

"That doesn't make it any better..."

After quite some time of convincing Ceres, we headed to the mall and on the way there Kade scheduled an appointment at the veterinarian for Bubble.

The entire way, Ceres was the embodiment of uncomfortable as Bubble snoozed away on her lap. She was as still as a statue as she just stared down at Bubble, afraid that if she made the wrong move then something bad would happen.

The poor girl was just straight up petrified and I had no idea how long it would take for her to get used to Bubble.

When we got to the mall, we walked to the food aisle and Kade frowned when he saw that the brand he had bought last time was sold out.

"This is unlucky" Ares said.

"No biggie, we'll just have to get a different brand" Kade said and as he backed away, a guy passing by was walking behind him and the two bumped into each other.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" Kade said as he helped the guy up and when the guy looked up his eyes widened when meeting Kade's.

"You're the guy from the other day..." he said and Kade frowned when hearing those words.

This seemed like it was about to get interesting.

"What? I'm sorry, but I don't think we've ever met" Kade said and the guy chuckled.

"Yeah, you tripped in front of me and turned as red as a tomato!" He said and like that, Kade's body had frozen up as a look of realization took over him.

"Oh, that's right...you probably don't recognize me without the wig and dress. I'm the "girl" you tried to hit on the other day" The guy said pointing to himself while giving a sweet smile to Kade who was still frozen.

Ares was too busy laughing his head off and Ceres was just watching with Bubble next to me, probably not understanding the situation.

"I-Is that so...? Well, I'm sorry for doing that it was very rude of me..." Kade said as he slowly backed away from the guy.

"Aw, you don't have to be sorry. I looked really good, didn't I?" The guy said with a wink and Kade's face seemed to lose it's color at the obviously joking gesture.

"Yeah, he said you were an angel!" Ares said and Kade's face went from no color to beet red at the spill of his lovesick ramble. He shot a murderous glare at Ares who was still finding all of this extremely hilarious.

"I don't understand..." Ceres said looking over to me and I sighed.

"I'll explain later" I said and she just nodded.

"A-An angel...? Really?! That's so sweet of you!" The guy said and Kade shook his head.

"I-..." Kade's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water as he struggled to find an excuse to tell the guy.