"Milly?" Lando tapped her lightly as he stood behind her, brushing one of her plaits to the side. Mandy opened the oven and placed the tray of cookies on the shelf. Mila turned around and allowed her brother to unfasten her apron. "Milly, I love you. As friends."

"I love you too, Lando," Mila giggled as her cheeks flushed red and her dimples became prominent. Lando lifted his index finger to her left dimple and poked at it, making her smile even wider. He thought she looked beautiful when she smiled. "As friends."

"Off you kids go and play for a little while. I'll call you down when dinner is ready," Mandy pressed a soft kiss to her daughter's forehead before ruffling Lando's hair. Micah hung by his mum's side because he promised to help her out whilst Mark was working in his office. "Don't throw your toys all over your room, Mila! Otherwise Lando will be going home!"

"Don't worry, mum," she giggled, holding onto the ends of her long plaits and smiling widely in the direction of her mother. Amanda adored her daughter with everything she had, similarly to her feelings towards her son, but Mila was a little miracle and she was special. "I won't make a mess. I never make a mess."

Amanda chuckled to herself as she noticed Micah rolling his eyes whilst listening to his sister leave the room and head towards the stairs. Mila rushed to her bedroom, almost tripping over her own feet as she went, with Lando following behind her, just as excited. They were so close that their emotions were always so similar and they could feel everything the other felt.

"I don't think I want to play with my dolls," Mila sighed as she sat on her bed, crossing her arms over her chest as she lifted her legs onto the mattress. Lando sat beside her, looking at her attentively, whilst a smile grew on his face. "I just want to talk."

"Talk about what?" Lando chewed on his lip whilst Mila made herself comfortable, lying with her neck resting against her plump pillows. He joined her, taking up the space beside her as they squeezed together to ensure the bed was big enough for them both to share. Of course it was, they just liked to be close to one another.

"I don't know." Mila shrugged her shoulders as a sombre scowl covered her features. She felt tired, almost as if she could nap, but she didn't want to leave Lando by himself. She loved his company. Sitting in silence like this was enough to fill Mila's heart with warmth. She felt content.

Lando's eyes cast around Mila's room, the walls painted a soft, pastel purple. It felt like home to him, but then again, being anywhere with Milly was home. Her bed was comfortable, the duvet cover showing a unicorn, with blankets placed along the bottom and cushions resting at the top.

"Will you cuddle me, Lando?" Mila's voice was only quiet but it interrupted Lando from his train of thought. He looked at his best friend, noticing the very obvious fatigue which covered her features. He was pleased with her question, knowing that if he held her whilst they talked, she would probably nap for a little while. Lando understood why Mila looked and felt tired much easier than he did. He felt sorry for her and sometimes wished he could swap positions with her because he didn't like to see Mila so sad.

"Of course, Milly." Lando patted his chest and waited patiently for Mila to shuffle closer. She rested her ear over his chest, her fingers resting over the material of the t-shirt he was wearing. Jealousy rushed through her veins when she heard the sound of Lando's strong heartbeat pumping against her ear. She wanted to be healthy like him. Mila was scared because she knew that even though her heart sounded like that, it was different to Lando's - more fragile, more prone to stopping. It tore Mila into thousands of little pieces. She wanted to stay with Lando forever, but she was terrified of dying.