nine ☆ you're beautiful

SEPTEMBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

daniel picked up elena and rosaline, and corbyn offered presley a ride. the natural blond boy parked in front of presley's house, got out of his car, and rang the doorbell.

presley's mom answered the door, "hello, corbyn! come in."

"thank you, mrs. winters," corbyn acknowledged, giving her a hug.

presley and corbyn have known each other their whole lives since their parents are best friends, so the two are always comfortable with the other's parents.

"i just made pasta for lunch, and katelyn told me that you guys weren't going to eat at the mall," mrs. winters explained, "would you like some?"

"is it your famous garlic parmesan linguine?" corbyn asked, smiling.

"of course it is," mrs. winters answered, fixing corbyn a bowl, "katelyn, come down!"

presley headed down the stairs as she texted someone on her phone. her entire family referred to presley as katelyn, but corbyn still calls her presley. her dark hair was put in a messy bun and she was wearing a black crop top with grey sweatpants.

"good afternoon, pres," corbyn greeted, smiling at the girl.

presley jumped, and her face became red,
"oh, i didn't know you were coming already."

she hated when people saw her when she wasn't dressed up. even though corbyn is her best friend, she still felt a bit uncomfortable.

"katelyn, i made pasta, do you want to eat before going to the mall?" her mom asked, earning a nod from presley.

the girl took a seat next to corbyn, and continued to go on her phone as corbyn dug into the food.

"thanks, mom," presley acknowledged, taking the bowl from her mom.

"alright, i'll be upstairs, so just let me know when you guys are leaving," her mom stated.

"you got it, mrs. winters," corbyn remarked.

presley's mom headed up the stairs, leaving corbyn and her daughter in the dining room.

"so, what do you plan on buying?" corbyn asked presley.

"well, i need new shoes, and there are these jeans at american eagle i've been dying to get," presley answered, "i need some new outfits."

"i think the outfit you're wearing right now is great," corbyn pointed out.

"i look ugly," presley laughed.

"if you're ugly, then i'm an ogre," corbyn declared, "you're beautiful, pres."

presley smiled at her best friend, and continued to eat her pasta. a few minutes later, she headed back to her room and changed into a pink hoodie and black ripped jeans. she brushed her hair out, and slipped on her white vans.

-