fifty-seven ☆ first date

MARCH
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

zach and elena were planning to go on their first date as an official couple. elena had no idea where zach was taking her, and she only had fifteen minutes to get ready.

"oh gosh, what do i wear?" elena asked, talking to rosaline, presley, daniel, and corbyn over group facetime, "like, zach and i have hung out so many times, but this is different."

"i'd say you wear that smocked off-the-shoulder top you have," presley suggested, "it's casual, but also stylish and cute."

"and wear your blue ripped jeans and air force ones with them," rosaline added.

elena flipped her camera so she could change, and when she had her outfit on, she positioned her phone so that her friends could see her full body outfit, "is this good?"

"damn, el, zach's lucky," rosaline complimented.

a honk from zach's car startled elena, and that was her sign that he was outside. elena ran her fingers through her hair one last time, and asked, "any last words?"

"just relax, elena. you and zach are best friends, it's just like hanging out," presley remarked, "except for the fact that you two are officially a couple now. but... that's the only difference."

"don't worry, if he treats you like garbage, corbyn and i already have our pitchforks and knives sharpened," daniel stated.

"yup," corbyn agreed, "and no funny business, alright. have fun, but not too much fun if you know what i mean."

"as if," elena scoffed, "alright, i have to go, i'll fill you guys in when i get back."

the dark-haired girl left the facetime call, and headed downstairs. she snuck past karen who was knocked out on the couch, and made her way into the passenger's seat of zach's car.

"hi," elena greeted, kissing zach on his right cheek.

"hi," zach replied back, staring into elena's dark brown eyes, "wow, ellie, you're stunning. i-i mean, you're always stunning, but this is, like, a different stunning. you know what? i'm going to stop talking and drive."

elena laughed, and played with her fingers as zach drove, "wait, where are we going?"

"leonardo's restaurant," zach mumbled, his eyes on the road.

"whoa, that's all the way in downtown salt lake city," elena pointed out, "that's, like, forty-five minutes away."

"well, that gives me more time to spend with you," zach remarked, interlocking his right hand with elena's left and planting a kiss on the top of her hand.

-

the new couple walked into the fancy italian restaurant, both taking a seat in front of each other. unfortunately, they both felt a bit tense, and spent time to read the menu just to avoid talking to each other.

after their orders were placed, elena pointed out, "this is so weird, right?"

zach nodded, "like, i'm obviously not scared to be with you since we're always together, but this is different, you know? we're not here as friends, we're here as an actual couple."

"that's exactly how i feel," elena laughed.

zach grinned, "you're so beautiful when you smile. you know that, right?"

"zach," elena groaned, placing her hand on top of his, "stop giving me butterflies."

the more the two talked to each other, the more comfortable they became on their first date. zach's gaze was consistently fixed on elena, and for the first time in a while, he felt complete.

-

liked by elenacarmen, jackavery, pres1ey, and 66 othersimzachherron my beautiful girl <3tagged: elenacarmenview all 47 comments

imzachherron my beautiful girl <3
tagged: elenacarmen
view all 47 comments...
elenacarmen you're my favorite (:
          ↳ imzachherron whoa ur
          my favorite too
jackavery WORD
corbynbesson zalena stans have risen 🤩
seaveydaniel no funny business between
you two children alright
          ↳ imzachherron yes sir
          ↳ elenacarmen ok father
load more comments...

-

"your new instagram post for the first time in a year was me?" elena asked, pointing at zach's screen.

zach nodded, "hey, i forgot to tell you something. i started a photography club at pineland high."

elena's eyes widened, "no way, that's so great, zach! how was it?"

"i thought nobody would join, but there were, like, twenty people that showed up," zach remarked, "i was so surprised."

"i'm so happy for you, zach," elena acknowledged, "if i went to pineland, i'd definitely join your club."

and then it hit zach, "wait, what if you went to pineland?"

elena took her eyes off her pasta, and looked up at zach, "are you suggesting that i switch schools?"

zach shrugged, "i mean, it's a wild plan, but it could work. we're still in the same district. i can drive you to school and back every day."

"but, zach, i grew up going to school in oakland," elena started, her head beginning to tilt, "actually, now that of think about it, it's not that big of a difference. i'm just not going to see rose, presley, daniel, and corbyn as often."

"you don't have to, ellie, if you don't want to. it was just a random thought," zach pointed out.

"you know what? i want to do it," elena declared, "i want to be able to spend more time with you."

...