Chapter One💖

I was woken up for morning devotion by Edith my sister. I didn't delay in getting up as I didn't want her hitting me in the disguise of waking me up.

"Good morning" I greeted. Before Jumping out of the bed. I quickly went to the bathroom to wash my face before going downstairs.

My parents were already seated in the sitting room. I greeted them.

"Edna how was your night? "they ask almost at the same time.

" Fine" I reply .

"You will be leading in morning devotion" My dad declared.
"Okay Sir,  "I respond.

We were now through with the devotion, so I hurried back to my room. I didn't want to be late to school.

Today was the first day of the term. I took my bath and dressed up for school.

"Edna you better eat fast so that you won't be late for school."

"But mum, It's just 6:45 I still have thirty minutes to reach the school on time" I said with a frown.

She hated being late in anything.
She came back with her car key in her hand.

The drive to school was pleasant. Most likely because it was my mom driving. She was fun to be with, we had chats while she drove.

"Bye-bye! " I waved heartily when I alighted.

She horned and zoomed off. I was eager to resume after the long holiday. I missed Benita and Rachel my best friends.

In the school compound a few students were hovering in the front of their classroom corridors.

All students were gathered on the assembly ground. The principal was now giving us a briefing on the assembly ground. It was about we taking our studies serious.

That was all a heard before I zoned out. It was going to be my last term in Bensons High School.

I wanted to graduate as the best student of the year.

It was already break time, most of my classmates had left for the canteen.

I quickly packed my books into my bag and hurried to meet Benita.

My stomach was already yelling to be fed. I dragged her by the hand.

We kept discussing about the holiday, on our way to the canteen. More stories were yet to be told.

We were now through with eating.

She had spent her holiday in Canada. She was now showing me a couple of pictures she took over there. Before the
bell was rung.

We all walked back to the class. The maths teacher gave us alot of questions for class work.
Everyone faced his or her book squarely.

The day quickly went by and it was already closing time. I walked to the car were my driver was waiting for me.

A/N

Thank you for reading. Do support me by voting, commenting. It means alot to me.
Also share my book with your friends. Tell someone to tell someone about this book.